X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shower valve Rough-in height?

My standard rough is 4" for the spout, 12" above that for the valve, and 6'-2" from the floor of the tub or shower for the shower head. But if I was plumbing for a specific customer, I'd always ask, particularly if they were tall or short. Just as tall people don't like it looking them in the eye, short people hate to be hit on the top of the head. Or so they tell me.

I put my shower valve reasonably high so that people won't hit it with their elbow when turning around. I like the tub valve to be high enough that you don't have to stoop much to reach it because that could lead to a fall, and you can still reach it pretty sitting in the tub.

Looking at the various rough-in books, I see that American Standard recommends 65" - 78" for shower heads, Crane thinks 77" is good, Gerber doesn't bother. Crane wants 4" to the spout and 12" more to the valve while A/S says 12" to the valve from the tub. I didn't look at all of them, so there may be variations between tubs and valves.

Comment

Re: Shower valve Rough-in height?

Moen suggests 45-48" AFF to center for a shower rough-in, so I rough it in at 48" off the subfloor. I mount the drop ear ell at 84" off the subfloor.

Comment

Working...
      X