X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wirsbo vs ANY water system.

Title says it all. Why are you using anything but? Certain situations apply, but for the most part, Wirsbo blows everything away.

Discuss.

(Home Depot doesn't sell it)

Re: Wirsbo vs ANY water system.

I agree but this one has been discussed quite a bit so you may not get much activity. Then again you might get hammered by the copper guys, or the Viega guys.

The galvanized guys probably don't have computers.

Comment

This fight has been raging on every plumbing and diy forum for a couple years now with absolutely no resolution. You are wasting your time.

But just for the fun of it I'll fire the first salvo for Ironranger (Quote);

Viega Pureflow uses bronze fittings and SS sleeves. No dezincification problems with these fittings. In fact, there are zero documented problems with Viega Pureflow fittings or pipe.

I've installed thousands of feet of Viega without a single problem.

The Pureflow system is light years ahead of the pex game. Also, Viega makes the ProPress fittings for those of you who use this system.

Viega is the only company that sells the ProPress x Pureflow Bronze Fitting.
      Uponor doesn't have it, Rehau doesn't have it, etc. What this means is you use ONE tool (different jaws) and ONE FITTING to press on to your copper and then take off with your pex for repipes etc. I love it.

In most applications such as water heater installs, repipes, etc., using the combined system is the only way to go imo.

Made in the U.S.A, no China crap from Viega.
      Last edited by NHMaster3015; 08-20-2009, 08:17 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Call me when you get a plastic pipe a mouse cant chew through.
        Copper all the way

Comment

Copper and galvanized pipe is the only way to plumb. Way to many issues with the plastic pipes. Like pesticides getting through the pex into the drinking water, mice eating away at the pipe, fittings failing, pipe failing, and the list goes on why not to use plastic pipe.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I wouldn't be able to stand having crooked pipes ..
            Quality work is the only enjoyment i get
            Even the floats on my 4 wheeler are straight

Comment

/shrug, it's cheep and market driven.

in your own home, use what you think is best, if a customer wants your opinion, give it to them, but install what keeps you in business.
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Not really sure, but when there is sheetrock up, doesn't matter how crooked your pipes are. Copper and galv are trash.

I haven't ever seen a rat chew through Wirsbo, I guess it is possible, but then again, I have never seen a drug addict steal pex to scrap for drug money. My cousin once said about something, "I don't like it, if you hit it hard enough with a hammer it will break". Wirsbo is not designed to withstand things chewing on it.

Under normal circumstances Wirsbo is superior. ONE tool to join it, the fittings are composite and superior to brass.

Repairs are simple, cost is cheap, install time is...But if you are still runing galv, are you still leading joints to? Guys still run that stuff? outta control.

Copper is a must for some spots, but there really is no reason for it. They are coming out with larger systems to, and is only matter of time until copper is phased out completely. It is more expensive, takes a heck of alot longer to install, and has absolutely no warranty on it. Why would you even think of running it? Cause it looks purdy?

Comment

Originally posted by Macgoose View Post
                  Not really sure, but when there is sheetrock up, doesn't matter how crooked your pipes are. Copper and galv are trash.

I haven't ever seen a rat chew through Wirsbo, I guess it is possible, but then again, I have never seen a drug addict steal pex to scrap for drug money. My cousin once said about something, "I don't like it, if you hit it hard enough with a hammer it will break". Wirsbo is not designed to withstand things chewing on it.

Under normal circumstances Wirsbo is superior. ONE tool to join it, the fittings are composite and superior to brass.

Repairs are simple, cost is cheap, install time is...But if you are still runing galv, are you still leading joints to? Guys still run that stuff? outta control.

Copper is a must for some spots, but there really is no reason for it. They are coming out with larger systems to, and is only matter of time until copper is phased out completely. It is more expensive, takes a heck of alot longer to install, and has absolutely no warranty on it. Why would you even think of running it? Cause it looks purdy?
                  You installing the EP system? I'm watching it....

I think you you might want to educate yourself some on copper. (See quoted blue highlights.)

http://www.copper.org/applications/p...rnty_main.html

J.C.
                  Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 08-20-2009, 10:16 PM.

Comment

start with copper.org go from there. even if you disagree, reading a differing viewpoint will at the very least give you a more effective argument later on.
                    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

And other things....

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=Wirsbo+Leaks

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Macgoose View Post

You sound like a salesman or Uponor Rep. So if you are so convinced of the superiority of the product, why are you asking our opinion?

The fact that you don't give a crap what it looks like because the sheetrock covers it up tells me an awful lot about you. At this point in your career you are someone that knows a little about plumbing but is not yet a plumber. I sincerely hope that you either re-think your efforts or find another line of work.
                        Last edited by NHMaster3015; 08-20-2009, 10:31 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

and to answer your question about lead joints... if they'd let me, yes I would.
                          I'd also love to spend some time on copper waste piping.

Comment

Wirsbo looks fine. I have never seen a crooked pipe affect anything of the plumbing system other than the looks.

Regardless, how it looks, it still works. Was the point. But hey, choose a pipe for how it LOOKS. I bet they can paint it pink for you to if ya want.

That is why the companies that swear by copper and cuss pex, are losing jobs to companies that install both. You can't compete with prices, and will lose bids. True story.

Comment

Don't forget to check my links Goose. Post 11 and Post 9.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X