X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• min diameter for lift station outlet line

residential lift station

pair of grinders

exixting ~40' run of 2" abs sch 40. Got a concrete form stake rammed through it, stake is gone but hole is still there

Dig not a good option; concrete patio and driveway with hydronic heat in it, concrete retaining wall right close on top of it. line about 5' down footer for wall about 4' down.

will relining or pipe patch hold up to a force main application?

feasible to reline/pipe patch 2"?

considering sleeving it with 1 1/4" purecore

http://www.uspolycompany.com/index.php?ID=685

advisability of making outlet line 1 1/4 instead of 2"?

it's only a 35'-40' run and a pretty straight shot to the 4" gravity line, and the pumps are good grinders.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: min diameter for lift station outlet line

2" minimum.

Plumbers tend to get all bound up with other people's problems like digging. If it has to be dug, then dig. Do it right or don't do it at all and run like the blazes...

Relining is a good question, but without pictures, almost impossible to say. Relining requires a beginning and a end.

Or relocate it.
    (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

If you can get at both ends do you have enough space to horizontal bore and pull a new piece of 2" through??

It shouldn't take much of a hole at either end to bore and pull a new pipe through, if the local building authority will allow it.

Comment

no good access at either end, let alone both; upstream end is 5' deep in a lift pit, downstream end is wyed into the 4" gravity line under the asphalt driveway (with hydronic heat in driveway), line travels under the nicely done flagstone patio with slab (with hydronic in slab) under the flags on the way to the 4" under the driveway. ps; just to let you all know the level of professionalism here the 2" force main is all in sch40 abs with dwv fittings and the abs is 'glued' to a pvc 4x2 at the wye end.

I'm going to sleeve it in 1 1/2"; It's a straight shot to the 4x2 above the 4" wye and I can just fit 1 1/2". It's a bullshit fix, and I know it, and I've made sure the builder knows it and that any issues are on him... but it will work, and it's about $20k cheaper than a real fix... am I an ******* to leave this in my wake, or a hero for knowing it will work?
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

the liberty omnivore has an 1.25" outlet on it, and the rep claims it'll grind whatever you throw at it. maybe a new pump thats designed to run with a smaller outlet?
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
            no good access at either end, let alone both; upstream end is 5' deep in a lift pit, downstream end is wyed into the 4" gravity line under the asphalt driveway (with hydronic heat in driveway), line travels under the nicely done flagstone patio with slab (with hydronic in slab) under the flags on the way to the 4" under the driveway. ps; just to let you all know the level of professionalism here the 2" force main is all in sch40 abs with dwv fittings and the abs is 'glued' to a pvc 4x2 at the wye end.

I'm going to sleeve it in 1 1/2"; It's a straight shot to the 4x2 above the 4" wye and I can just fit 1 1/2". It's a bullshit fix, and I know it, and I've made sure the builder knows it and that any issues are on him... but it will work, and it's about $20k cheaper than a real fix... am I an ******* to leave this in my wake, or a hero for knowing it will work?
            phew...good luck.

If the place is that nice, then 20k is pocket change, man, p-o-c-k-e-t change.
            Last edited by Drip Trip; 08-28-2009, 11:13 PM.
            (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
              phew...good luck.

If the place is that nice, then 20k is pocket change, man, p-o-c-k-e-t change.
              I totally agree. I have a bad back. One solution to my pains would be surgery. I fear the invasiveness of such a procedure, preferring chiropractic and yoga. Now, if I had an operable tumor on my spine, I wouldn't hesitate to go under the knife. The situation dictates the remedy. And unless someone here can give you a viable alternative, surgery it is to repair the hole in your line.

Comment

Working...
              X