Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid drain cleaner!!!

Customers insist on using this stuff!!
    This time they learned the hard way how damaging it can be to their stainless steel sink. Some of the damage shown in the pics faded but will always be quite noticable.
    At least this time it is the customer that felt the damage, in the past even when I ask if they have used any chemical they will say no, only to find that I have lost yet another pair of pants or shirt to the stuff, or worse yet have to run for a shower. Then they wonder why a shirt or pair of pants shows up on their invoice.
    I hate the stuff. Now I have at least one customer that also hates it.
    Attached Files

Re: Liquid drain cleaner!!!

Charge a flat rate of $500 which covers your time, your exposure to dangerous chemicals, and your clothes.

They'll never call you back, they'll be angry at you, and they'll learn from the experience once they add the cost of replacing that sink as well.

Most lessons are wisely learned by financial expense.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

i always assume they have put everything but their first born child in it. lol. stop at a pool store and get ph test strips. replace every year. works for me. breid...........

Comment

Dam Mo Fo's lost two shirts to drain cleaning chemicals
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
          i always assume they have put everything but their first born child in it. lol. stop at a pool store and get ph test strips. replace every year. works for me. breid...........
          I also assume they put something in the drain and treat it as such. Although I don't wear glass's or a face shield yet. I guess I should.

Comment

WOAH! I guess that's what they mean when it says on the bottle not to expose hydrochloric acid to stainless steel. Imagine the FUMES that produced! holy crap! Good post dude, Do you mind if I show this to my neighbour that put in excess of 10 bottles of drano down her laundry tub when it wouldn't flow? It definitely was not cheaper than having it snaked thats for sure, considering I recommend a plumber I know to do it and he was cheaper than the draino, and she still needed him anyways.

When in doubt, snake it out!

Comment

i'm going to be ordering a face shield from my supplier this week. had drano splashed on my face at a job where the customer said they hadn't used any liquid drain cleaners, then after I got splashed asked me if the drano they used would hurt me.
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
              X