Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohler quality control is non-existant!

I have un-boxed approximately 25 Kohler Devonshire whirpool tubs so far on this one job. One had a jet that was totally popped out of the tub. One has a leak from one of the jets. I have also found 4 so far that have pvc glue on the apron right below where some of the jets were glued together. I expect better when I pay $700/tub. Is there any way to SAFELY remove clear pvc glue from the acrylic? Acetone?

Re: Kohler quality control is non-existant!

I would get the Kohler rep. out to the job site. No excuse for that kind of workmanship.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I already talked to the supply house and am calling the rep at 8 am. I just figured maybe someone knew if there was ANY way to remove it ...just in case they try to bullsh*t me.

Comment

Don't do anything to them. Make them replace any of them you're not satisfied with. You've got $17,500.00 worth of tubs man.

Tell them you want to be paid for your trouble too.

They don't like it, don't pay them and tell them you'll get a comparable brand from a different supplier.

Not trying to be an azz, but it's business.

I had a Kohler enclosed acrylic unit that was framed in that had to be taken out recently. The sheet was sucked in wrong into the mold or the mold was faulty. Either way, there is absolutely NO WAY the factory should miss this. Think about it, someone has a full time job to look for small defects. This was a humongous one. The whole unit was warped inward on the valve wall. If I can spot it, then how does an in-house-inspector miss it?

Told the supplier, had one in the next day.

Kohler is clueless ran by clueless descendant's of a once great company. They are watching the short term bottom line and constantly focusing on marketing rather than internal design, quality control, and customer service.

I don't recommend Kohler much anymore. Interesting designs, and that's about it.

J.C.

Comment

I have long been opposed to buying Kohler. I like the one-piece cimarron and a couple of the 8inch lav faucets, thats about it. It seems every time I buy Kohler there is a a problem, and no one is ever in any hurry to help fix t he problem. With Delta, I can get a rep out within the hour if I have a serious problem. It seems the name Kohler is so attractive to consumers, that it sells no matter what.
          West Trail Mechanical Ltd
          Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

I agree with Kohler's QC department, went through 8 toilets on a 3 bath house. Spent more time checking toilets and repacking them, than installing them. I see it more and more that toilet tank molds are crooked and nothing to do but get a new one.

I don't bother talking them up anymore.

Comment

glad we all agree about kohler.

kohler has people that are clueless to plumbing issues.

all they need to do is hire some of us with real experience to give them a heads up to all the issues they have.

maybe they should replace some of those engineers with some real plumbers. then the quality would improve.

nothing like toilets that are outdated and recalled after a couple of years.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I haven't bought Kohler since they changed the Wellworth design. Never bought their faucets or mower engines...

Their kitchen sinks are nice, and out of their entire line of products, the sink is the only thing I buy.
                (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

If you follow the various internet forums, there are those who swear by Kohler, and thost that don't. More important, a lot of folks will allege that Kohler, or others, purchased at HD, Lowes, etc. are of inferior quality.

From this thread, it sounds like the problem may be more widespread.

Comment

I do agree that most things bought from Home Depot and Lowe's are infererior products, but these tubs were purchased through Castle Supply(Fergusons). I spoke to the Kohler rep today and they are replacing the tubs that have glue on them and fixing the ones with leaks. I told him how I have wasted at least 4 man-hours on this bullsh-t and he told me they will make it up to me with toilets or whatever.....we'll see.

Comment

Ahhh yes, the old we'll give you a toilet for your troubles line. 12" round front Wellworth no doubt, seat not included of course.

Glad to see they are going to take SOME responsibility.

Yesterday I had a customer who wanted a Kohler faucet and I thought of this thread and all the headaches I have had with them. Sold her a Delta instead.

In my opinion, Kohler is just one of those companies that just doesn't get it.
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

My boss just flew up to Kohler, Wisc. to go the Kohler showroom. He is remodeling his masterbath and doing a "carwash" type shower. I just got two Noritz 841's to supply the hot water, just for his shower. It's gonna use 15 gpm. Kohler has some great looking products, but I agree with drip. I like their cast iron sinks. My mom wants a new sink, I sent her to the closest supply house with a showroom that I have an account at. My price was 249.00. She went to Home Depot, and got the same sink for 199.00. I can't argue with those prices.

Comment

That pvc glue comes off with clear pvc primer or a tough way would be to wetsand and buff it out... I have not had much luck with too many other chemicals, but would love to know of one.... that does it.

OMR

Comment

Working...
                          X