CSST the way I do it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CSST the way I do it!

You have to use the plastic j-hooks or straps. Metal straps are not code for wardflex or other csst I'm pretty sure. Just took a refresher for wardflex and this was brought up, no metal straps.
    Regarding the picture, looks good except I wouldn't have cut the sleeving back so far, makes for a much nicer looking job when it's up tight close to the fitting, jmo.

Comment

Originally posted by snake View Post
      Looking again is that pipe dope and or white tape on the brass fittings? Aluminium hangers on blk header. Those screws holding the hangers look like green deck screws/ drywall screws. Was this gas line sized or will 1/2 coming in supply three appliances? and if it was 3/4 was it sized for 3/4 going to all appliances. Absolutley not the way I do it.
      Hey, I have been away for a while.
      1. Those are galvanized straps holding up the maniflod. Do you know a manufacture thats makes black iron straps? Hoe else are you suppose to do it? Hanger iron??
      2. The screws are drywall screws. Whats wrong with that? Nothing in my opinion!!
      3. Yes the gas line is sised properly. The service coming in to the manifold is 3/4". It is only about 15 ft. The other 3/4" line goes to a tankless heater that just below manifold. The other two 1/2" lines go to a dryer and a wall heater. This is a propane system. Therefore, you have a higher water collum than natural gas has.
      4. That is pipe dope with teflon. Blue Monster, to be exact. Whats wrong with that? Read the label. You can use it on all kind of materials.
      5. Oh, the plastic talon clamps is the way to do it. Metal straps will cut through the yellow coating.

Comment

Sorry if I came off sounding like a jerk. It's that if a person is going to post pics and accept praise then they should be ready to accept criticism as well. I have read this forum for the last 3-4 years now and I am really impressed of the high calibre of plumbers that visit the site, I personally thought that gas line was sub par, again sorry. Up here code dictates we have to use metal hangers for all gas line no matter what the manufacturer states. As far as the counter sales job goes thats the one I was at the time when I re signed up so I could see pictures, just being honest.( It was slow up in Canada too) I no longer work at sales and am back in a truck. I am a red seal journeyman plumber/A class gasfitter. I will change my title. Again sorry to all I may have offended. I feel extra bad 'cause I got scolded by Rick.

Comment

Your work looks good considering what it is. It is hard to make the CSST look like anything more than one of those kids toys where they can move the beads along the steel rod that is curved in all different directions. I don't think that would've been my material of choice for that job.
          Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Very nice indeed.

Comment

Working...
            X