X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poor water flow in the bathtub

Hi, Iam new here and need some help, I have a 15 year old home the water pressure and flow from the bathtub and shower head have been getting worse, looking on the internet and thought it might be the cartridge for the faucet, so I replaced it yesterday with no improvement.
    Faucet is a delta pos 1400 series. I am on well water. I have cooper pipes. Water pressure and flow is fine EVERYWHERE, outside, kitchen sink, bathroom sink, toilet, its just the bathtub faucet, and shower. Does this require venting? Thanks in advance, I AM UNEMPLOYED PLEASE DONT ASK ME TO CALL A PLUMBER!!!

Re: poor water flow in the bathtub

Originally posted by osirus065 View Post
    Hi, Iam new here and need some help, I have a 15 year old home the water pressure and flow from the bathtub and shower head have been getting worse, looking on the internet and thought it might be the cartridge for the faucet, so I replaced it yesterday with no improvement.
    Faucet is a delta pos 1400 series. I am on well water. I have cooper pipes. Water pressure and flow is fine EVERYWHERE, outside, kitchen sink, bathroom sink, toilet, its just the bathtub faucet, and shower. Does this require venting? Thanks in advance, I AM UNEMPLOYED PLEASE DONT ASK ME TO CALL A PLUMBER!!!
    Please don't ever tell me what to do.

Since it has gradually decreased in only ONE area via your description, then the problem is in that area, right?

Turn the water off, take the cartridge out, and have someone else turn the water on. Might get something out of the valve body.

No jobs at the fitting company? Hope it gets better soon.

J.C.

Comment

Done that, with the cartidge out of the picture water pressure is fine, spays out like a hydrant. Put it all back and same thing. Also noticed that with the shower head off, if I plug the hole water flow is less? The cartridge has small holes, inlet outlet.

Comment

Do you have another bathroom? Similar valve? Similar behavior?

Do you have a filter of any kind?

Thinking.

J.C.

Comment

Is the hot water flow the same everywhere? Tank or tankless heater?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

No only one bathroom, the sink in there works fine. The toilet works fine.
            No flow difference between the old and the new cartidge. I am sure this was not this way when we moved in 15 years ago. And like I said it getting worse. Does not matter hot or cold.

Comment

Your well pump controls might need to be adjusted. Flow at the sink & toilet can fool you sometimes. Volume doesn't necessarily mean pressure.

J.C.

Comment

Water pressure is 50lbs. And why is there alot of pressure when the cartridge is not in place? Bathroom sink is 8 feet away from tub and water thare is fine

Comment

Well then you've got me stumped I suppose without being there. Others might be reading and come up with something you or I have not mentioned.

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by osirus065 View Post
                    Water pressure is 50lbs. And why is there alot of pressure when the cartridge is not in place? Bathroom sink is 8 feet away from tub and water thare is fine
                    Pressure or volume?

Comment

Do you have stops on the valve?

Brass stems with straight screwdriver slots on both sides of the cartridge.

J.C.

Comment

both, without that cartidge in place tube would fill up in no time. Sprays all the way to the back of the tub. Pressure and flow.

Comment

both pressure and flow. Sprays all the way to the back of the tub would take no time to fill it like this

Comment

No stops on valves.

Comment

Only thing left is the cartridge.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X