Moen Chateau lav faucet closing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moen Chateau lav faucet closing?

I installed two Moen Chateau lever handle lav faucets today (L64625) and both of them close by themselves. They shut to about 20% flow...but not that much when u turn them to either extreme. Has anyone has had this problem? I had it once when I replaced a 1225 in an old Moen lav, just not in a new one and not as severe. Is the faucet adjustable in this way?

Re: Moen Chateau lav faucet closing?

gotta love them moens.
    If someone asked me what kind of faucet to get..
    Its just dont get a moen

Comment

I have seen it a few times when repairing Kitchen faucets(single handle), the customer called me back a few times and it did it with multiple cartridges. Not much you can do, but let it break in.

Comment

try to wipe off what grease you can, sometimes that will help!

Comment

If you call moen they will send out the cartriage that will fix that I forget what number it is but they will know if u explain whats going on 1-800-buy-moen

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
          I installed two Moen Chateau lever handle lav faucets today (L64625) and both of them close by themselves. They shut to about 20% flow...but not that much when u turn them to either extreme. Has anyone has had this problem? I had it once when I replaced a 1225 in an old Moen lav, just not in a new one and not as severe. Is the faucet adjustable in this way?
          You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Someone is mad there not from Florida. Dont u wish I did leave him the phone #

Originally posted by Big Jim
            Once again, it's a 1225M.

(They call it Ft. Liquordale for a reason)

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
              Someone is mad there not from Florida. Dont u wish I did leave him the phone #
              Jim eats Gator too.

J.C.

Comment

Really my mom lives there I go up every once in a while. its ok but i hate towns that just have one of everything and have to drive a hour to get to a real city.

QUOTE=Big Jim;251241]Good job.

Lifelong resident of the Shoeshine State.
                Currently reside on the north shore of Lake Okey Dokey.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I've had the same problems three times this year with the faucet closing themselves. I called Moen and he told me to rough up the bar that the plastic strap goes around. It did not do any good. They know exactly what is going on.

I now just replace the cartridge and call Moen for replacements of their junk.
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I see more of them that get so hard to turn the handles break

Comment

I talked to the rep today and they are sending out some special washers for all of them that you put on top of the cartridge. She said they used to send out the 1225m cartridges. She told me to just send the labor bill to her. I'll have to wait and see how long it takes to get paid by them.

Comment

The best way to fix a moen faucet that the handle falls down on, is to put in a second washer in the handle.
                        It takes care of the problem evey time

Comment

Working...
                        X