X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know this shower valve?

I'm guessing Kohler or American Standard.... the stems need to be changed out, do you guys think I'll be able to save the trim?
    Attached Files

Re: Do you know this shower valve?

Looks like Kohler with a Delta pull spout or some other kind of replacement spout.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Looks like Kohler with a Delta pull spout or some other kind of replacement spout.

J.C.

I'm gonna say American Standard (1950's) with an aftermarket tubspout/diverter

Comment

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
        I'm guessing Kohler or American Standard.... the stems need to be changed out, do you guys think I'll be able to save the trim?
        You should be able to save the trim. The female gears on the handles are usually the weak part in my experience. Usually stripped at least partially 'cause people will CRANK on it when a leak develops.

Seen Kohler, American Standard, and Gerber all have trim like that. Your picture sucks. That's my excuse.

Block the drain.

J.C.

(P.S. I'm leaning that Bill's right. A/S)

Comment

I could be wrong, but the handle trim reminds me of old mueller stuff. Hit the handles with wd-40 or something like it and use a proper handle puller and then you will probably have no damage to trim in removal.

Comment

The customer FINALLY talked to the husband.......he sayd that it's a Speakman.....

Comment

I know it's definitely not a Kohler...

Comment

I usually don't even bother trying to remove the handles, takes too long. I break them off with the chanelocks with the end of the stem still in the handle.

Comment

Working...
                X