X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vessle sinks

What is Your preference for faucet outlet to sink rim distance? Isee a lot of different ideas on this.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: vessle sinks

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    What is Your preference for faucet outlet to sink rim distance? Isee a lot of different ideas on this.
    Whenever someone goes with this I require them to have both available at the rough-in.

Then have a little "Pow-Wow" with them about where things are going.

I hate doing it twice. So, the quick answer is I don't have or know of a preference.

J.C.

Comment

Only done a few. Always in granite so already predetermined for me. Meaning holes already drilled. have had issues with the plywood underneath not prepped properly

Same plywood issues on granite kitchen sinks. If I'm doing rough on kitchen remodel I give the countertop fabricator a heads up.

I get cabinet guys all tore up when I request no stile or no full wood back! So far no refusals after I explain my reasoning

wookie

Comment

I prefer not to even see one go in a house.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
          I prefer not to even see one go in a house.
          Yea some of the worst ideas in plumbing survive by being fashionable.
          411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

If done right a vessel sink works just like any other type of hand wash fixture. The trick is making sure the water from a normal flow from the faucet strikes about an inch back from the edge of the drain (pop up or grid). That way the angle of the bowl will cause virtually all of the water to head towards the drain and not upward. If the spout is set too far back (towards the back wall of the vessel), getting ones hands under a full flow without major splashing or their bumping into the back of the bowl could be problematic.

Comment

Make sure you get the homeowner to ok the placement of everything. Like JC, I also require to the homeowner to have the cabinet, sink and faucet on the job site. Most manufactures state 1" above the flood rim but if you look at trade magazines they are some 6" or so. Its a style thang!
              Last edited by Tyman; 09-13-2009, 09:08 AM.
              Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

This is some freebe work for a neighbor. I fabricated a stainless Steel frame support
                for the sink assembly. Other neighbor , Harry the plumber , another former marine Bud,
                plumbed, another tiled. We have a good Hood. Why free? He's a freebe football coach,
                and Has raised 2 Great respectful Sons.
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  This is some freebe work for a neighbor. I fabricated a stainless Steel frame support
                  for the sink assembly. Other neighbor , Harry the plumber , another former marine Bud,
                  plumbed, another tiled. We have a good Hood. Why free? He's a freebe football coach,
                  and Has raised 2 Great respectful Sons.
                  In that case, he won't mind a little splashing.

Comment

Tool,
                    I usually suggest 6". I think they are not for everyday use, but before rough in, I set the sink on a table outside & elevate it so it doesn't block the drain hole, connect the faucet to a water hose and hold the faucet in place for a test. I had a non-aerator dornbracht faucet that if you let the water hit behind the drain, the water would turbulate, run up the back of the bowl & flow over the rim, move the faucet an inch forward or back and it worked OK.
                    Make a quick drawing & pack it away with the vessel.
                    Avoid non aerator type faucets.
                    Kohler grid drains suck....
                    Bryan

Comment

Thanks We went with1 1/2" ABOVE FLOOD RIM. Looks great. I'll send pix to Rick,
                      Can't figgure how to post.

Comment

Working...
                      X