X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Vent WH's... tax credit?

I use Bradford White water heaters. Anyone know if the 40's and 50's power vent heaters qualify for the tax credit? If so, do we have to do any paperwork for the customer or is that handled by them.
    I haven't done any of the tax credits yet but I've been getting more calls about it. Thanks.

Re: Power Vent WH's... tax credit?

Hi,

Eligible Appliances States have the flexibility to select which residential ENERGY STARĀ® qualified appliances to include in their programs and the individual rebate amount for each appliance. DOE recommends that states and territories focus their program efforts on heating and cooling equipment, appliances, and water heaters as these products offer the greatest energy savings potential. ENERGY STARĀ® qualified appliance categories eligible for rebates include: central air conditioners, heat pumps (air source and geothermal), boilers, furnaces (oil and gas), room air conditioners, clothes washers, dishwashers, freezers, refrigerators, and water heaters.

Hope this helps,

Joseph
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I was told that not all water heaters qualify for the tax credit. Also, I'm talking about the 30% federal tax credit, not local rebates.
      My question was more specific regarding the "power vent" water heater by Bradford White. More specifically the TTW1 FVIR Defender Energy Saver Power Vent 40 and 50 gallons.

If anyone has had experience with these water heaters and the tax credit I sure would be interested. Tried searching, coming up empty.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
        I was told that not all water heaters qualify for the tax credit. Also, I'm talking about the 30% federal tax credit, not local rebates.
        My question was more specific regarding the "power vent" water heater by Bradford White. More specifically the TTW1 FVIR Defender Energy Saver Power Vent 40 and 50 gallons.

If anyone has had experience with these water heaters and the tax credit I sure would be interested. Tried searching, coming up empty.
        Here's a list of Energy Star rated water heaters:

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...y_products_pdf

Also another thread with some other links that may help

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24305

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post

"energy star" label = Tax credit

NO "energy star" label = no tax credit
          Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
          New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

You have to have a Manufacturer Certification Statement and they need to keep the receipts. I had new triple pane windows put in and I was able to receive the tax credit for that and that is all I had to do to get my tax credit.

Comment

Working...
              X