Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" Cast Iron Closet Ring

Anybody seen one...Deep?
    I have a restaurant that has had the owner and his cooks band-aiding/remodling for the past thirty years.
    The 3" is an 1-1/4" too low.
    I'm wondering if someone Packed and Poured a 4" deep ring on three inch riser.
    Somebody has already red-headed closet bolts that have rotted out.

P.S.
    Grease backs up bathrooms frequently

Re: 3" Cast Iron Closet Ring

they make those pvc repair flanges that slip down inside 4"... is there anything similar that would clamp the outside of the three inch?

break out enough to get to it and no-hub on a new flange at proper height?
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
      they make those pvc repair flanges that slip down inside 4"... is there anything similar that would clamp the outside of the three inch?

break out enough to get to it and no-hub on a new flange at proper height?
      Insta-Set makes a ring that will attach to the outside of the three inch.But unfortunately my supplier says they do not make it in a "Deep"(4") configuration.
      I know about the interior compression fitting rings.I don't think they are legal out here.

Comment

Sounds like you've exhausted all your easy options, Adam. Sometimes you've got to break a few eggs to make an omelet. Fix it right so that when some plumber comes along thirty years from now he'll marvel at your craftsmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
          Sounds like you've exhausted all your easy options, Adam. Sometimes you've got to break a few eggs to make an omelet. Fix it right so that when some plumber comes along thirty years from now he'll marvel at your craftsmanship.
          I know.
          I'm just so sick of everytime things like this need to be done I get the look like I'm the bad guy.
          Everyone of them"I don't have the money".I'm not kidding,I'm so done with people.

Comment

I feel your pain! In my next life I want to only work for rich people who appreciate a job well done and aren't afraid to pay for it, the kind of customer we refer to as "keepers".

Comment

Brother, We seen You in action in the tunnal. Slam dunk for Your work ethic! Take 1/2 in meals for You and that CUTEY next to You!
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
              X