Is this a Delta shower valve?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Delta shower valve?

It looks like an old Delta to me and if so does it use the same ball, springs, and seats as most Delta single handle kitchen faucets? Thanks.

Re: Is this a Delta shower valve?

Here's the pic..
    Attached Files

Comment

Probably. At least it looks like it.
      Many hardware brands copied the Delta design.
      They use the same parts.
      Break it down and see whatcha got.

Comment

Yous the new style springs

Comment

Looks like a sterling faucet to me but it will use the same seats and springs

Comment

If it's the ss ball type you will probably just need to replace the seats and springs. If you do replace the ball, the shower ball is a little differen't from your typical kitchen sink ball.

Comment

Originally posted by 420paul View Post
              If it's the ss ball type you will probably just need to replace the seats and springs. If you do replace the ball, the shower ball is a little differen't from your typical kitchen sink ball.
              Hey Paul? Does "420" mean you smoke dope? Like, you really mean "PotheadPaul"?

I worked with a pothead once. He was okay, but not really. He used to spit in the customers' home, steal tools and blame it on me, wore torn up work clothes all the time, drink Slurpees at 7am.

The boss continually messed with him causing him to act out even more. After work, he'd smoked the dope until he zoned out while I, the lowly first year, did his girlfriend in his bed.....

Potheads are funny...
              (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

With that handle style
                the ball will be the same as a kit faucet

Comment

A kitchen ball will work, however a shower ball has slightly larger holes for increased flow.

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post

I worked with a pothead once. He was okay, but not really. He used to spit in the customers' home, steal tools and blame it on me, wore torn up work clothes all the time, drink Slurpees at 7am.

The boss continually messed with him causing him to act out even more. After work, he'd smoked the dope until he zoned out while I, the lowly first year, did his girlfriend in his bed.....

Potheads are funny...
                    Nah my son was born on April 20. I figured Paul was taken so I thought I would need a # with my name. So 420 means your a pothead?

Comment

Nah my son was born on April 20. I figured Paul was taken so I thought I would need a # with my name. So 420 means your a pothead?
                      Big time...420 is like 13. I bet you have the feds watching you now

(not that I would know about these things---dang apprentices are bad influences)
                      (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post

Potheads are funny...
                        You over thought the question...
                        This guy wasn't a pothead.He was just an all around loser-dirtbag that smoked dope too.
                        I have *no* time for these losers.
                        If you need to smoke dope in the morning, you need to take a long walk in
                        the opposite direction from me.
                        Work time is not play time (Yes plumbing is fun though!)

Comment

I must be a little slow
                          I dont know how you guys turned this into a pot smoking post from a number . what am i missing

But paul i dont know of any other delta ball that is made for that type of handle but the round with a slot in it
                          the foot ball shape is for the acrylic handle, one of my favorites

Comment

RP70 ball - used with that type of handle. Peerless (Delta's hardware store faucet) uses the RP212 ball with a plastic knob, usually. I don't care for the 212 because they seem to wear more. Some odd hardware store faucets use the crystal knob with a crummy metal adapter to hook onto the ball stem. I carry 3614 kits to repair both types and I also carry both types of balls.

Comment

Working...
                            X