X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• venting

Does anybody else live where they think it is acceptable to run the vents inside the attic close to the ridge vent? I see new homes going up this way. The roofers will put a new metal roof on and do the same. Its making me crazy to watch people come from other places and get told this is fine. I have mentioned it to some professionals and they don't care. Or is there someone else out there that thinks this is fine?

Re: venting

Are you talking about Vent roof penetrations?

Comment

Yes! They are cutting the plumbing vents off inside the attic.

Comment

Originally posted by pipepro View Post
        Yes! They are cutting the plumbing vents off inside the attic.
        Shoot dem all.

Comment

I would take a picture send it, and info to bld. Dept. and state.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Wow are you serious? They are actually terminating their vents inside the attic rather than outside above the roofline? While I have seen maybe some even more bone-headed things done, that in new construction is almost unbelievable, but I have gotten to where I am not really surprised to hear this sort of thing happening.

Comment

I have heard of this as well though they are putting autovents on everything... The roof looks nicer without all of those ugly pipes sticking out

Bill

Comment

Doesn't VTR = Vent to roof?
                Maybe have the roofers live in the house for a while.

Comment

i see a lot of that. when i explain that to ho i get the 3 eyes look. ho don't care. their house looks "better". what's even better is when they vent bath and range hoods in the attic also. cellulose absorbs all and becomes cake. i think the are value just went south. not my house. breid..........

Comment

I could see possibly putting one penetration thru the roof and putting studor vents on the rest. Thanks for the feedback and letting me (vent)

Comment

Originally posted by pipepro View Post
                      I could see possibly putting one penetration thru the roof and putting studor vents on the rest. Thanks for the feedback and letting me (vent)
                      No I dont want to see anything other than all vents to atmosphere, tie them all together in the attic space if you only want 1 penetration and size accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                      X