X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treating Roots in a drain field

So here's the story I just spoke with a guy for quite a while on the phone.

He has roots in his drain field / pit.

What he has is a pvc from the tank that leads to a pit where there is a few leach lines that drops into a sand and rock mixture that is naturally part of the ground about 8ft down.

The problem is it is now overgrown with roots and is failing.

I told him to dig it up or hire pumper dude to come out and dig up the lid for the pit to see what we are dealing with. Well he is a paraplegic on a fixed income. My usual two minutes with a home owner is usually, call this guy ...they can help you but this gentlemen really needed help and I want to help him.

I have never heard of this sort of system. It's not a mound system or sand filtration system (at least not like the kind I installed) I don't even know what this is called.

He is going to call his plumber but the plumber won't dig.....

Any ideas?
    Last edited by DanLawrence; 09-29-2009, 05:56 PM.

Re: Treating Roots in a drain field

Dan does He live near You? Is He a Vet by chance? If so contact some vet organizations.
    How about a local church near Him?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

From the description of his system, I'm thinking he's in Maine.
      Sounds like some of the old school farmer systems.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Around here we have a community action program for folks just like this.
        Here they are also in charge of HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program.)

You should have a HEAP office near you/his area that could offer some assistance.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Wish He Was closer. got back Hoe, and dump truck
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the EPA has a program for failing systems for someone in his situation. I know we have it around here, since the EPA is Fed I assume it's nation wide.

Whats his location?

I'm sure if we can't help physically one of us can come up with some kind assistance hidden on the web.

Comment

Dan it sounds like it could be a bottomless sand filter. I'm just guessing here. I know I get a few people on the end of the phone that either have no idea really of what they have or they just can't put it to words. Did you ask him if he had a pump in the system? Usually that will help narrow it down.

Keep us posted and let me know if I can help.
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
              X