Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradford White coming to Grocery Stores near you.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bradford White coming to Grocery Stores near you.

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    i don't buy bradford white anymore. see what they pay you to replace a leaker that's 2 months old

$0.00

rick.

On that note:

How about the fact that most water heaters only last a few years etc etc....

The whole water heater industry is becoming a mess honestly......

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      i don't buy bradford white anymore. see what they pay you to replace a leaker that's 2 months old

$0.00

rick.
      Bradford would not pay any labor I did not know that.

Bradford has lost alot of cool points with me today after reading this thread...

My only other choice for a WH is Rheem I'm going to give them a try

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
        Bradford would not pay any labor I did not know that.

Bradford has lost alot of cool points with me today after reading this thread...

My only other choice for a WH is Rheem I'm going to give them a try
        I just pulled a blown out october/2003 Rheem.Bradford white went in.

Comment

When or IF I receive a reply from B/W I'll post it here. Water heaters just seem to be a loosing game. The local electric co. gives them away for less than 100.00.

We actually calculated the total time involved in a selling, installing and disposing, of a water heater. It just does not pay unless you account for all your time.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I gave up on quoting water heaters a while ago. Too many handy boys, and Blowes and Cheapo.

Now we also have to play electrician, stock and install bonding clamps and wire. Also, all flues need to be increased to 4", to the chimney.

I only install them for an established customer, or a direct referral from an established customer. Sometimes even then you get alot of grief.

Comment

Originally posted by RealLivePlumber View Post
              I gave up on quoting water heaters a while ago. Too many handy boys, and Blowes and Cheapo.

Now we also have to play electrician, stock and install bonding clamps and wire. Also, all flues need to be increased to 4", to the chimney.

I only install them for an established customer, or a direct referral from an established customer. Sometimes even then you get alot of grief.
              Mad is when we tell them we have to put a
              5-6'"combustion air supply in and/or
              break into the chimney to tie the vent in to the liner for $$$$$ more.
              No approved chimney cap???
              $$ more to go up on the roof of your 2 story house in the wind storm.
              Plus permit.

Comment

So, do you have to hoist that thing up on the counter and SCAN IT?
                Are the copper fittings on aisle 9?
                Can you buy a plumbing license, insurance and bond at customer service?
                "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

probably not a krogers. they have 20 or 30 times that many carts. also their name on handle. carts are bigger. i wonder if this is not a farm or hdw store. we did not get a name and location. breid...........

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                    So, do you have to hoist that thing up on the counter and SCAN IT?
                    Naw

They will have those "Peel Off" bar codes like the bags of Cat Liter

Comment

Could it be a local licensed plumber has made an agreement or paid the store to let him to set up the WH display? If yes a MP license number would have to be included would it not?

Was there any contact info or details on how to buy and get installation services posted or just what we see in the photo?
                      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

i live in indiana. we have to have our name and license # on sides of truck. the state told me when i got my license(1991) that the name meant license holders name. all ads are to have our # in it. that is not an ad with a name attached. my guess is not. ................. now if it is a violation well they will get a letter telling them to post it. at worst they will give them (3 bad boys) and send them to their room. this is a republican state after all. breid............

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                          Could it be a local licensed plumber has made an agreement or paid the store to let him to set up the WH display? If yes a MP license number would have to be included would it not?

Was there any contact info or details on how to buy and get installation services posted or just what we see in the photo?
                          Anybody in Indiana can sell a WH without a license. My problem with the whole thing is that Bradford White states they do not sell to retailers and want their products installed by professionals. A grocery store is a retailer and they are being installed by people that are not professionals.

I did not see any ad for installation services.

I did talk to our wholesaler and emailed them the pic too. Needless to say, they are pretty upset. I have already been told not to contact them with warranty issues, and I don't blame them. The wholesaler/owner is meeting with the B/W reps on Friday, I would love to be a fly on the wall, pretty sure BW will not be too upset about it.

My water heater is on its last leg and I was all set to buy a Bradford White model without even considering other brands. Now I have been researching other brands and looking at different options. Maybe I'll go tankless who knows.

No email reply from Bradford White today either.
                          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

may i have a loaf of bread-1#bologna-sack of potatos and oh yea 1 40 gal. bw to go!

Comment

Doesn't look like a very large grocery store if it even is a grocery store. I agree with the other poster here, it's most likely a plumber puting a display in the store. Who knows, it might be family or what have you.
                              I doubt B/W even knows about it.
                              IMO B/W is the best water heater out there and I won't use anything else, imo all the rest is junk.
                              Try locating the reset button on a gas rheem or ao smith, oh yea, they don't have one.

Comment

We sold hundreds of Bradford White heaters a year. They had a great technical support team that you could call night and day, they would come by our shop and do product demonstrations for our crew so we were better educated on their product and plumbers could only purchase them from a wholesalers. This was their game plan so I doubt that they are straying from this. Yes we did have some issues on getting reimbursed on warranty replacement leakers but there were so few.

Comment

Working...
                                X