New Bradford White Gas Valves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Bradford White Gas Valves

I'll be the 4th vette, ended up doping the flare to stop the leak. couldn't get it to quit with just tightening.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
      No contact from Bradford White at all.

I have not heard anything about the picture I sent them. Its not like they are going to upset about selling more water heaters. The owner of the wholesale co. we buy from did talk to me.

I don't have many good things to say about B/W, and I refuse to be a beta tester for their new valve.

May the cheapest water heater win.
      I have pretty good luck with the Bradford White brand overall; but my wholesale supplier said he gets defective tank returns 4 to 1 over the Rheems he sells, and they sell sell for the same price! Makes you wonder?

Comment

I have been installing Bradford White water heaters for years, they are by far the best water heater on the market.

I also, for years have always checked the oilot tube and main burner supply tube at the bottom, for years, I have had a leak every so often.

I dont think its the new valves, I just think its one of those things
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Well, truthfully, I think I've about had it with BW. Three of the new gas valves this year alone bad upon installation or shortly thereafter. And do you think BW wants to pay for time and trouble? HLL No.
          I'm tired of holding my breath hoping the pilot will stay lit on start up.
          I'm all for technological advancement but please, stand behind your product.
          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
            Well, truthfully, I think I've about had it with BW. Three of the new gas valves this year alone bad upon installation or shortly thereafter. And do you think BW wants to pay for time and trouble? HLL No.
            I'm tired of holding my breath hoping the pilot will stay lit on start up.
            I'm all for technological advancement but please, stand behind your product.

We went through this when they came out with the gas valve before the Icon, we were the guinee pigs....

I spoke with the rep for Bradford White, who is wonderful, she said everyone back east is now the guinee pigs for the Icon.

Everyone gets a turn, but still, Bradford White is the best on the market, American, State, Rheem, i get so many calls to repair these, Bradford, slim to none.

I carry an extra gas valve, pg9 and pilot assembly on my truck for the just in case. I suggest you do the same, it weakens the pain.
            Last edited by westcoastplumber; 11-05-2010, 11:17 PM.
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

I was ready to switch to BW after reading about the Icon valve, and BW getting the best result in the poll. After reading all these complaints about gas leaks, and the anxiety... I'll stick with AO Smith. With which I've had zero problems. No anxiety.
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I love the Icon system, and never had a problem with it.

Comment

scratch that, just realized that this is an old thread i'd already posted in.
                  when that new valve came in, it ended up being the flare that was the issue, not the valve.
                  I'm also the Bradford Warranty rep in this area, which has been great, they sent me what amounts to about a pickup load of parts for their heaters. If I have a bad part, I swap it, fill out some paperwork, then send the bad part and the paperwork to bradford, I get paid for my time, they send me another replacement part. I've had to do this a grand total of once in the 6 months i've been a warranty rep for them. it was a bad limit switch.

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                  I'll be the 4th vette, ended up doping the flare to stop the leak. couldn't get it to quit with just tightening.
                  No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
                  X