X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bradford White Gas Valves

I was at the supply house and read a letter to Bradford White dealers.

It said that Bradford White is switching all models of water heaters to an electronic gas valve with built in fault history

I'm glad to see Bradford doing something to make their heaters stand out over the rest ... Fingers crossed that the valves are worth a crud...LOL

Here is the link to the new system...

http://www.bradfordwhite.com/icon.asp

Bill
    Last edited by OkieBill; 09-29-2009, 06:43 PM.

Re: New Bradford White Gas Valves

Great!

One more obscure part I'll need to track down 6 months from now

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      great!

One more obscure part i'll need to track down 6 months from now
      lol

Comment

wow, no longer have to drain tank to change valve... Temp sensor is in a dry well now...hmmmmm

Comment

No worries here, I'll just pick up a new valve at the grocery store. I'm sure the guy cutting bacon in the back can give me a few pointers.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

funny,
            One of the hardware stores in the area is in one wing of the Grocery store, in a small town near me, (I do not think they sell how water heaters, tho)

I was in the town a few days ago and went to the auto parts store looking for some brass fittings and they did not have what I wanted and the clerk says you can try the grocery store across the street they have a good selection, LOL.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

When I first read of the polymer composite thermowell, my mind jumped back to the days of plastic head WH elements.

Comment

I replaced one of these before. It was a WHIRLPOOL from lowes (American water heater).

The heater was about 8-12 months old and it was a 40 gal 12 yr warranty. I had to have American ship the part to the customer because lowes did not stock it. Go figure. It was very simple to replace and i did not have to drain the tank. The only problem is the outer shell is plastic. Try tighting it with out cracking the casing

Comment

I've actually already replaced one of these, had a slight imperfection in the flare sealing surface for the gas tube that I just couldn't get to stop leaking.

of course, the valve had to be ordered in, and drained the tank and removed the gas valve before opening the box and realizing how easy that change out Could have been.
                  No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I just installed a B/W Power Vent, it had one of these new valves. I like them, very cool!

Comment

I talked with our rep. today and the new valves. One thing I am really concerned about is that he said they now keep the temp in the WH within 2-3 degrees. I really hope they don't short cycle. On Off On Off On Off.

He also said BW is not letting Lochivar have these valves for now. Their is also a port that will allow the H.O. to adjust the temp away from home which I found interesting.

I hope this isn't another AO Smith debacle.

Comment

Was anyone else contacted by Bradford White about this thread other than me?

Comment

No, but tell them I will reveal my information source for discounts to all Ridgid Tool forum members

I would think they would have been more interested in their products being sold at Grocery Stores. For professionals only my A$$

Crack, What interest did they have?

Comment

No contact from Bradford White at all.

I have not heard anything about the picture I sent them. Its not like they are going to upset about selling more water heaters. The owner of the wholesale co. we buy from did talk to me.

I don't have many good things to say about B/W, and I refuse to be a beta tester for their new valve.

May the cheapest water heater win.

Comment

I just received a call about a 40 gallon Bradford White Defender natural gas water heater.I installed it 1 month ago. It has the new Icon gas valve. The lady had no hot water and upon getting close to the heater, I smelled gas. I sprayed soapy water on the main gas tube fitting on the valve....and you guessed it! BIG LEAK! I think this is what was tripping the FVIR system and shutting the burner off. The pilot was still lit when I first arrived though, which doesn't make sense to me as I thought that the gas was completely shut off when the FVIR is tripped. It boggles my mind how Bradford White raves about their NEW and GREAT Icon system, but yet thier schmuck assembly line can't even manage to put a couple of gas lines together without having a leak. (I am the third person on this forum to encounter this specific problem)

Comment

Working...
                              X