X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot water heater

had a h/w monday ,not realizing it was a Jewish holiday .I call 3 supply house all closed . I had to go to hd (i hate that place ) got a 40 gal ge 9 years 488.00 , at the supply house a/o 40 435.00 .h/d is getting very expensive for garbage .

Re: hot water heater

look at the the bright side. the h.d. heater is a 9 year warranty. most likely the supply house heater was a 6 year.

also our supply houses no longer give you a free heater under warranty. they refund the original purchase price and then charge you the current price.

as far as i know, h.d. swaps them for free.

look at even a brighter side. heaters out here are more expensive than yours

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

It was 10 year .my company put in a 100 gal h/w 9 years 9 months ago .I call and got 1 for a 50dollar fee . a/o smith no problem

Comment

I just changed out one of theose GE HD 9 year warranty's. It was only 5 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          look at the the bright side. the h.d. heater is a 9 year warranty. most likely the supply house heater was a 6 year.

also our supply houses no longer give you a free heater under warranty. they refund the original purchase price and then charge you the current price.

as far as i know, h.d. swaps them for free.

look at even a brighter side. heaters out here are more expensive than yours

rick.
          Bradford White 40 gallon $387.00 U Save plumbing Valencia ST. S.F.
          415-282-2562 Ask for Jason cash or credit card Screw Ferrgee
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Locke Supply

297.00 40 gal Nat Gas BW

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              Locke Supply

297.00 40 gal Nat Gas BW

we fall under the "scaqmd" southern calif. air quality management district.

meaning we need ultra lo nox heaters. meaning the price is much higher than anywhere else in the country. we are the guinea pigs once again

if you sneak in a non lo nox heater, there is a $25,000 fine when you get caught

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

If the water is hot already, why heat it again

I pay about 295 for a BW nat gas.
                sigpic

Comment

Everything must be cheaper in this part of the country. $250
                  Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    Supply house ain't open yet.

Is this an ILLEGAL heater Tool?
                    If so,why you wanna put my A$$ out there.

Comment

325.00 for a BW 40 nat gas. I can get a BW for 330.00 at the hardware store where they stock 100s of them.

BW's policy is breaking down...I'm going to watch the quality now.
                      (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

i'm on par with drip trip on pricing. I actually buy mine from a hardware store, that also has a plumbing supply counter in the back. They only sell the Bradford Whites to contractors, and Reliance water heaters to everyone else.
                        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Yeah, I should mention that this hardware store outdoes the local Lowes in sales/service/prices. That and all the wholesalers moved away, so the store is the only place within 15 miles more to get a BW.
                          (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Working...
                          X