X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Connecting to lateral

A lot of cities will not allow you to keep your septic system if they put in municipal sewers.

Comment

Herk is right and around here alot of muni's require a licensed plumber to make the connections. Boring will be twice the price of conventional excavations in most cases and the muni's may not even allow it, i know many of mine wont, they want to see the pipe. I have done tons and tons of these as both an excavation contractor and plumber. This isnt a hard job but it can turn into a nightmare real quick, i dont know if you guys have a lot of rock in your are but here we do and it sucks.

Dig the hole to find your connection, Do not just pop a hole in a manhole and go illegal and improper, god forbid a guy has to go into the manhole he has enough to worry about a shower.

Oh and filling your septic tank/ poppin some holes in it not easy to do with out an excavator or backhoe with a hammer, the more i think about this the more i realize just how big of a job this is for someone without the equipment or know how, i would really suggest getting a plumber or excavating company on board to help you out. we have a lot of guys on here in your area that you can get a great recommendation for someone to help you out

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
        A lot of cities will not allow you to keep your septic system if they put in municipal sewers.

Most around here will allow HO to remain on septic as long as the system is in working order. When something goes bad ie;leach field they have to tie into the main.
        Come to think of it, this trend is starting to die. I seen a few projects lately that involve mandatory tie in.

I worked on one that involved about 10 homes. The situation required a pump station. Instead the town decided to make each home install their own pumps.
        I don't know how they got that one to pass. I guess they pacified the ho's by telling them that as long as their system was in working order they didn't have to tie in. Once everything was voted and passed the town determined 9 out of 10 of the systems failed.
        Talk about a hostile work environment, that neighborhood was not happy to see us.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          Why do you want to take your Aunt off septic?

If the system is working, I'd keep it.
          I just got the first sewer bill I've ever got in my life (always been on septic)
          I'm thinking septic is much cheaper in the long run.

even if she needs a new leach field, and if code allows you to, I would run the #'s.
          How about putting AUNTYS septic on E BAY ? 1'll start at $100
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            How about putting AUNTYS septic on E BAY ? 1'll start at $100

What's the shitping...opps, I mean, shipping to Maine?
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I'm with the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" crowd. City sewer is expensive!

As far as the back fill of the tank, you need to check with your local authorities, but in our neck of the woods you need to perforate the tank bottom, collapse the walls or remove the tank. If you perforate the tank you can put just about any fill type material back in the hole.
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
              X