Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

    Do what I'm suppose to do. Adjust the valve to 100 degrees ,when on the 100 degree setting. Assemble set to highest read out 110 My thermometer matches. Know the E Mail is coming,it does in the Morn. The shower isn't warm enough for Us! I explain,I knew that,
    Grohe Lawyers love cold showers. Ran it up to 120 degrees. Yes I'll save the E mail, I really don't have to, nice folks!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

  • #2
    Re: Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

    you need to adjust the high limit reset override to a safe enough level so the user is well aware that they are going to increase the potential scald danger.

    some of the higher end grohe valves have the override, others have an integral high limit you set prior to installing the handle. make sure you install the limit and stop plates.

    rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

      Tool
      Which Grohe thermo valve are you talking about? They all can be adjusted, with a max temp equal to (less heat loss in transit) the temp of your heat source.

      Contact Tom Slankard at Western Sales (N. CA Grohe rep) for details.
      tslank@western-sales.com
      1-800-289-5687

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

        Thanks Guys, followed adjust procedure. top temp. after a few minutes of run time is set at 120 degrees. I was always told that is the safest highest temp. Will get back with model #s a little later. Thanks.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

          Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          Grohe Lawyers love cold showers. Ran it up to 120 degrees. Yes I'll save the E mail, I really don't have to, nice folks!
          Mine has a little red button that let's you go up to 130. The button kicks in at 100 degrees on the dial.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

            What the heck you guys talking about? Little red buttons? Kicking in at 100?

            My wife said that I got the only Grohe in this house...now I'm in big trouble....
            (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

              Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
              What the heck you guys talking about? Little red buttons? Kicking in at 100?
              The little white line shows what temperature the water should be. There is a red button on the dial:
              Attachment
              If you don't press the button, there is a stop that prevents you from going over 100.
              Attachment
              If you want a hotter shower, just press the red button, and you can turn it as hot as the water source.
              Attachment
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

                No red buttons ! I HATE RED BUTTONS!
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

                  Originally posted by cpw View Post
                  The little white line shows what temperature the water should be. There is a red button on the dial:
                  Attachment
                  If you don't press the button, there is a stop that prevents you from going over 100.
                  Attachment
                  If you want a hotter shower, just press the red button, and you can turn it as hot as the water source.
                  Attachment
                  We don't allow fancy stuff like that up here---never did, never will.

                  Mainly because the nearest big city is 3 hours south and those darn southerners charge way too much for too little.
                  Attached Files
                  (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

                    Originally posted by cpw View Post
                    Mine has a little red button that let's you go up to 130. The button kicks in at 100 degrees on the dial.
                    I wonder if your's can be set to scald before the override.
                    Just making a point for those in the future digging for info.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

                      Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      I wonder if your's can be set to scald before the override.
                      Just making a point for those in the future digging for info.
                      Grohe, Hans Grohe, Dornbracht and Jado can all be set so the stop button is at any temp desired (within the range of available temps) by a knowledgeable adjuster. In some cases it's as easy as removing the handle cap, loosening the handle screw, turning the handle and retightening the screw.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

                        Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                        Grohe, Hans Grohe, Dornbracht and Jado can all be set so the stop button is at any temp desired (within the range of available temps) by a knowledgeable adjuster. In some cases it's as easy as removing the handle cap, loosening the handle screw, turning the handle and retightening the screw.
                        Only knowledgeable adjusters ,I know, work for Allstate
                        Just a dumb Irishman trying to read the GROHE SMALL PRINT
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

                          Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                          Grohe, Hans Grohe, Dornbracht and Jado can all be set so the stop button is at any temp desired (within the range of available temps) by a knowledgeable adjuster. In some cases it's as easy as removing the handle cap, loosening the handle screw, turning the handle and retightening the screw.
                          Noted

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

                            Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            Only knowledgeable adjusters ,I know, work for Allstate
                            Just a dumb Irishman trying to read the GROHE SMALL PRINT
                            A knowledgeable adjuster is one who has paid his/her tuition. I got my learnin' by having to calibrate dozens of valves after the heating system has been turned on in all the houses we've done. I forgot to mention that along with a screw driver, you might need an allen wrench set (SAE or Metric) and you'll definitely need a thermometer.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Adjusting Grohe Thermo Valve

                              Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                              I wonder if your's can be set to scald before the override.
                              Just making a point for those in the future digging for info.
                              Probably, since I'm sure it isn't properly adjusted since I've had to take it apart and put it back together (and before that I'm sure the WH was replaced at least twice).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X