X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eemax Electric tankless Water Heater

This was a neighbor's electric tankless WH. This one replaced a leaker. This one let all of the factory installed smoke out.

Everytime they drew hot water all the lights in the house pulsed with the draw of 50 amps heating the element. A truly fine piece of equipment. Good thing the smoke alarm went off and someone was home to hear it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by killavolt; 10-03-2009, 01:58 PM.

Re: Eemax Electric tankless Water Heater

I just replaced one of those a few weeks ago in one of those direct buy stores. I can't wait to get that late night call.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Eemax are a trainwreck of a product!

I have pictures somewhere of one that nuked just like this one

I avoid these things like the plague and will no longer even install a customer supplied unit due to the fire hazard and high failure rate.

I have have installed Stiebel Eltron and had great results so far with them

Okiebill

Comment

the one I replaced was a 110 unit, replaced with a 220, because they couldn't get warm enough water at the kitchen sink it was supposed to service. They haven't called back to ask me to install something different yet, but I can't imagine it will do what they want it to do.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
          the one I replaced was a 110 unit, replaced with a 220, because they couldn't get warm enough water at the kitchen sink it was supposed to service. They haven't called back to ask me to install something different yet, but I can't imagine it will do what they want it to do.
          You will know this winter when the incomming water temperature will hit bottom

I'm trying to remember the new Electric tankless water heater I saw at the last trade show I went to in OKC... It was the best built unit I have ever seen! I wish I could remember the name...

Found it "Skye" Electric Tankless

I was really impressed with these... Anybody dealt with this company / product yet?

Comment

I wired up a Skye Fortis a couple of months ago for a customer. #2 gauge wire 120 amps. the unit cost about $2200 plus install. It was really well built, has a 16mhz processor, a usb port for firmware upgrades and a built in flush valve.

Comment

based on the photo, there has been a good leak for some time on this unit.

look at the corrosion on the sheet metal, copper, even the romex has stains on it.

i guess after a while the water and power didn't get along

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X