Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ClothesWasher Flood Rim

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ClothesWasher Flood Rim

    I was working on one of Westcoast/Robert's remodel projects.Thank's Rob

    In the past inspectors have made us raise the recessed washing machine box above the granite top over the front loading washer and dryer.
    Now you have a cheesy box above in the backsplash with hot/cold and waste going through to the machine below.UGLY
    Years before this we were able to sneak them under the top.

    Robert and the homeowner brought to my attention that the floodrim very well may be at the base of the door.I was exstatic,I wanted to call the inspector right then and present our rebuttal.Unfortunately it was Saturday.

    Anyone have any luck with this one?

    Maybe there is no floodrim because it is a sealed unit(Dishwasher ring a bell?)
    Maybe I should run an Air Gap

  • #2
    Re: ClothesWasher Flood Rim

    A washing machine does not have a flood rim as it is not a plumbing fixture but a laundry box might. For the laundry box it would be the weir, should the riser overflow.

    Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: ClothesWasher Flood Rim

      So the box should be allowed uder the top.

      So all these years wanting a top loader box above the top of washer was bull.

      On the penthouse you inspected Mark... That was where I cut the 2" cast iron with a chisel to raise the box above the counter(snaps 26 floors below).

      I can't wait for the next one

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: ClothesWasher Flood Rim

        adam, the washer drain hose has to be above the level of the machine or it will potentially drain the tub.

        next time you run your machine, remove the drain hose and start to lower it with a full tank. make sure you have a mop and some towels ready to catch the water.

        if memory serves me right we ruffed in the trap at 12'' with a 30'' riser =42''.

        upc 804.1 trap 6''-18'' above the floor and a standpipe between 18'' and 30''

        as long as the hose is above the top of the machine, you're fine, but it drops below and it will drain the tub

        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: ClothesWasher Flood Rim

          Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          adam, the washer drain hose has to be above the level of the machine or it will potentially drain the tub.

          next time you run your machine, remove the drain hose and start to lower it with a full tank. make sure you have a mop and some towels ready to catch the water.

          if memory serves me right we ruffed in the trap at 12'' with a 30'' riser =42''.

          upc 804.1 trap 6''-18'' above the floor and a standpipe between 18'' and 30''

          as long as the hose is above the top of the machine, you're fine, but it drops below and it will drain the tub

          rick.
          O/K now what about a front loader.They don't even fill up above the door
          We are still under the top.

          Thanks for the info on the siphon effect.

          I can't believe your quoting code I learned in kinnygarden

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: ClothesWasher Flood Rim

            kind of off topic but I have been using these:

            http://www.watts.com/pro/_productsFu...&pid=738&ref=2

            even if visible it still makes the valves and standpipe look neat and clean

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: ClothesWasher Flood Rim

              Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
              kind of off topic but I have been using these:

              http://www.watts.com/pro/_productsFu...&pid=738&ref=2

              even if visible it still makes the valves and standpipe look neat and clean
              Hammer arrestors?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: ClothesWasher Flood Rim

                we are not required to install hammer arrestors here you cant put them in the wall?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: ClothesWasher Flood Rim

                  Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                  we are not required to install hammer arrestors here you cant put them in the wall?
                  Gotta have them here

                  and they pretty ugly

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: ClothesWasher Flood Rim

                    Never mind I guess I read it wrong.............
                    Last edited by BrandonG; 10-05-2009, 08:13 PM. Reason: DUH!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: ClothesWasher Flood Rim

                      Nothing like sweet kitchen water backing out low washer drains..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: ClothesWasher Flood Rim

                        Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                        Nothing like sweet kitchen water backing out low washer drains..
                        Yup,definately an indication that a problem needs to be addressed.
                        I could put the washer in the attic if they don't want to be reminded

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X