X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwv

I was moving a couple of switches and plugs in a half wall and came across this (Iknow, I know, I should have taken pics), the vent from the kitchen sink went up about 8'' from the santee and went horizontal about 10'' below the flood rim from the sink. Apparently, it passed inspection when the house was built in 1997 and has worked for the homeowner since it was installed, dishwasher, garbage disposal etc., did this ever meet code?

Re: Dwv

Yes. UPC says that it should go above the flood level rim of the sink before turning, but if it turns, it needs to be of approved material.

Comment

Wouldn't be legal under IPC, we'd have to arm over with the waste, not the vent. We're required to be 6" above the flood rim before we go horizontal.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

legal here with sweeping drainage fittings when structual conditions exist.

Comment

I'm not sure whether CT follows IPC or UPC, but it's amazing in the difference in code interpretations. Maybe someone local can quantify. In the long run though, it probably doesn't matter though, as the drywall has already gone up.

Comment

Not legal here, 6" above flood rim only.

Comment

Working...
            X