X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ward flex or gas tight?

Yep, they do and the one in Rochester sells Ward and Trac also. So will Redlon and Granite Group.
    sigpic

Comment

genie ain't going back in the bottle! It is what it is.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

"Soldier, where's your Sargent ?"

"Blowed up sir"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          "Soldier, where's your Sargent ?"

"Blowed up sir"
          Don't ever call a marine Sgt. a soldier again CSST= IED
          Last edited by toolaholic; 10-15-2009, 09:34 AM.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I have installed,since 1967, lots of poured lead drain/sewer joints,miles of iron pipe and copper tubing and love the old ways of the plumbing tradition.I even have a small antique plumbing collection with tankless water heaters,pull-chain toilets,wooden seats,cast-iron cradled-tin bathtubs with wooden trimmed rims,huge double-ended cast iron bathtubs,beautiful pedestal sinks,georgeous faucets and miniature salesmen samples of all plumbing description but I research,receive training and install plumbing products as they arrive from Europe.There is no reason to hold on to the "lost plumbing arts" unless you are just not willing to be trained with the new plumbing products and installation methods.I also collect gas lighting and can only imagine the old plumbers in the vintage days complaining how the electric lighting was going to destroy homes and kill its occupants.Edison produced movies about the electric chair executions and the electricution of a circus elephant when trying to dismiss Tesla's ac generation,while Edison and Henry Ford were the last holdouts for dc voltage!
            The great thing about flexible gas lines is that they are much safer than iron gas pipe during earthquakes and can be single circut manifolded to each appliance for better volume delivery of gas.As far as animals chewing the gas lines to oblivion(Oh the humanity!),they should never be exposed to animals or to the outdoor elements of lightning strikes.I have even pulled flexible gas pipe through underground grey pvc conduit for BBQs and other outdoor appliances.
            PEX pipe is also one of the best tubing products to come along and is not to be confused with polybutylene tubing that Shell Oil Co. failed so miserably to produce without engineering defects.

Comment

Thanks Rick
              Attached Files

Comment

Rick,
                I also found the miniature bathtub salesmans' sample manufactured by Booth Plumbing Manufacturing.
                Here is President Taft's personal bathtub.He was a very big president!
                Attached Files

Comment

for our wedding joey and i had minature toto toilets for our center pieces.

we had chocolate toilet seats made for your table # and had 1 of a kind chocolate toilets made for parting gifts.

i guess you just had to be there

rick.

back onto topic
                  phoebe it is

Comment

A BEST PLUMBING BUDDY OF MINE AND I WAS JUST TALKING ON THE PHONE

ABOUT HOW THE BIG BOX STORES WILL SELL A TANKLESS WATER HEATER

TO ANY DIY THAT WALKS INTO THE STORE ?

IN REGARDS TO ANOTHER FORUM WHERE HO HAS A LEAKING TANK HEATER

AND JUST WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT REPLACING WITH A TANKLESS,

WITHOUT KNOWING ABOUT GAS,VENTING, AND AIR SUPPLY SIZING THAT

WOULD ALSO HAVE TO DONE TO INSTALL CORRECTLY !
                    JERRYMAC
                    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

sunworksco
                      "As far as animals chewing the gas lines to oblivion(Oh the humanity!),they should never be exposed to animals or to the outdoor elements of lightning strikes."
                      The lightning strike damage, that I observed, ocured well inside the house. As I remember, the lightning struck a vent pipe(pvc)during a heavy down pour. Between the first and second floor it jumped to the csst starting a fire that melted the nearby cpvc pipe. Then jumped to the concrete floor as the csst went from vertical to horizontal in the garage ceiling.

Mike

Comment

A BEST PLUMBING BUDDY OF MINE AND I WAS JUST TALKING ON THE PHONE

ABOUT HOW THE BIG BOX STORES WILL SELL A TANKLESS WATER HEATER

TO ANY DIY THAT WALKS INTO THE STORE ?

IN REGARDS TO ANOTHER FORUM WHERE HO HAS A LEAKING TANK HEATER

AND JUST WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT REPLACING WITH A TANKLESS,

WITHOUT KNOWING ABOUT GAS,VENTING, AND AIR SUPPLY SIZING THAT

WOULD ALSO HAVE TO DONE TO INSTALL CORRECTLY !

SEE THIS RIDGID POST http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28719
                        Last edited by JERRYMAC; 10-19-2009, 09:17 PM.
                        JERRYMAC
                        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

sunworksco
                          "As far as animals chewing the gas lines to oblivion(Oh the humanity!),they should never be exposed to animals or to the outdoor elements of lightning strikes."
                          The lightning strike damage, that I observed, ocured well inside the house. As I remember, the lightning struck a vent pipe(pvc)during a heavy down pour. Between the first and second floor it jumped to the csst starting a fire that melted the nearby cpvc pipe. Then jumped to the concrete floor as the csst went from vertical to horizontal in the garage ceiling.

Mike

Comment

Did this happen in 2007 when I took this picture of what happens when a dog is left in a basement to wait for their master?

Licensed Plumber's Work

After this thread and numerous others...I'm no longer defending the licensed plumber in this profession.

Never trust a plumber with a terrible discoveries album, let alone a hard drive with 4000 pictures that the world of internet hasn't even seen yet.

And you call yourself licensed? Do ya? We'll see.
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I dont like Wardflex, i am certified in it used it once or twice, and If not aboslutely necessary, think remodel work snaking through existing I will not use it again, black iron is cheap easy and something i feel more comfortable hanging my hat on

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
                                sunworksco
                                "as far as animals chewing the gas lines to oblivion(oh the humanity!),they should never be exposed to animals or to the outdoor elements of lightning strikes."
                                the lightning strike damage, that i observed, ocured well inside the house. As i remember, the lightning struck a vent pipe(pvc)during a heavy down pour. Between the first and second floor it jumped to the csst starting a fire that melted the nearby cpvc pipe. Then jumped to the concrete floor as the csst went from vertical to horizontal in the garage ceiling.

Mike
                                pvc conducting elec. ???????

Comment

Working...
                                X