So what Torch do you use...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So what Torch do you use...

josh, just to clarify your question, i'm assuming that the torch wil be used for melting the snow at your home and the propress will be used for your copper work

don't let ridgid dave get wind of your torch, or he'll cut you off

i have both the turbo torch and lenox torch. along with the air acetylene set ups. of course they don't get used as much as they did.

propress has taken over my soldering task

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Lenox pretty much=Bernzomatic.

Both will work fine. It's like anything, just depends on what you want to do.

Usually TurboTorch. Got a Bernzy somewhere too. And a jewelers torch.

J.C.

Comment

Its for lighting fires in the back yard ;-) Actually there have been a few times I wished I had a torch. Plus I enjoy soldering. If I was doing it for a living there is no way I would sweat pipes. But just for screwing around I like seeing how good of a joint I can make. Pressing is just too easy. Ya pull the trigger and its done Plus I have used propress plenty on my projects.

I think I may just be turning into a tool collector. everyones gotta have at least one torch.

Comment

Minimum Bernzomatic will do fine for the minimalist.

Flame control and MAPP ability cost a little more but you'll probably be glad you sprung for it from the get go.

Using now and again, one should last you for many years.

Great for starting charcoal too. No lighter fluid or pre-soaked briquettes.

Remember, like shooting a gun, look at what's behind what you're heating.

J.C.

Comment

Josh,
            you just started this thread.how can you be fully informed.I haven't told you to buy a Turbo-Torch STK-9 yet.
            Time proven dependable product.
            No hose getting hooked.
            Easily adjustable flame.
            Excellent flame pattern(focused,easy to control,no burned wood or wires).
            Swivel torch arm gets you into maneuverable positions for the tight spots.

Those rigid heads are a PITA.Make great cigarette lighters.
            Lit a bunch of boxes of ABS fittings in the back of my truck in the 80's,Champeen flaming box toss.

Comment

Almost read it as a "HAX Flame" on the picture.. Must be these 1500' of 4-6" M/L runs that were done today kicking in.. =) Right tool for the right place/job works for me the best. Not that im trying to save money on my back or time or have a chance to flood that regulator w/ acetone having tank flat to the ground in the tight crawlspaces. My main setup is MC/Turbotorch in a steel box to get around reagular indoor/onthefloor service calls. B tank w/ MC adapter as a backup for that. Then Lenox in the flat tray w/ separate set of tools/materials for small stuff in the crawl spaces/attics and overheads. Oxy/ace for large stuff to braze or cut some rusty bolts on the brass flanges collecting dust at the shop. No pro-press experience or desire due to non-problem getting around the pipe 1/8" or tighter to the wall/corners w/o burning anything or anyone or excessive solder joints, just enjoy to solder/blaze.

Comment

Working...
              X