X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neighbor

How do you guys deal with neighbor , I did a small job on Sunday my day off .leak out of 1/2 line ,he had steel ,.brass and black all on this line .It started to leak .I run about 4 feet of copper and asked for 50 bucks,2 months ago i changed his kitchen faucet on the arm , now after the job which was not cleared out ,I had to move all s t out of my way .He said i have to go to the atm and i check you tomorrow , and nothing , still ,ok its not the money this time it the next time .

Re: neighbor

for family and friends i charge full price minus the service call. every time i have done it for cheaper it has always come back to bite me.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Cut his ear off and feed it to the dog while he watches.
      Next time he will hear what you say.
      Or do his wife.

Comment

are you a masochist? why are you working for him? if you insist on doing it make him pay you up front. breid............

Comment

I charge my neighbors the same price as everyone else. If the neighbors are cheap I just don't work for them.

My neighbor asked me to put in two Toto toilets which I done. After the job I gave her the bill and she said she could only pay half, until her social security check came in. I grabbed her old toilet and walked though the door and she said "what are you doing?" I said removing one toilet. Suddenly she had the money. Go figure.

Tell your cheep neighbor you want your parts back and go cap his vent for being a jerk.

I don't need to do plumbing in my FREE time for NOTHING.

FWIW, I also charge my family, except my grandma. It makes them think twice before asking you to come over on Saturday night for a dripping kitchen faucet. I charge 35.00/hr and it starts when I put my boots on.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Friends, family and neighbors are the worst customers

Comment

Are you licensed and/or business owner, or is this side work?

Comment

I am not a plumber but can take care of most things, and as most on here can handle all of the handy man stuff. There are only a few people that get the freebie labor, only because they will help me out when ever and where ever I need it............period. I am just a very small business but that does not mean I charge a very small price for doing fire sprinkler work, knowledge is king and having the right tools also helps out.

Don't let them take advantage of you! When you go to get groceries at the store they sure don't take pity on you or say "oh yeah he helped out so and so, lets knock $50 off of his grocery bill". What does the neighbor do for a job, get him to do something for you and then stiff him for a couple of weeks, he will get the message.

G3

Comment

I get 99% of the aggravation in my life from extended family and friends...or people that "I know". They want top notch service for rock bottom prices. Even with dirt cheap prices....they STILL complain that it's high, and these small jobs also seem to eat away many valuable hours when I could be making real money. I've just learned who to avoid doing any work for. I charge the normal rate for most people and do work for free for my immediate family and very close friends. The one thing that this small group has in common is that they are TRULY appreciative. Next time that he askes for a favor just bluntly tell him that you need to pay your bills just as much as he does......or like someone else said...you could just do his wife as a form of payment....

Comment

you could just do his wife as a form of payment....

what if he is gay

G3

Comment

maybe he is the wife. breid..............

Comment

is it me or when you try to "help" out a neighbor or family member or friend, doesn't it seem like something bad happens? the water won't shut of or the 10 minute job snowballs and your there for 5 hours? i changed my phone number and turn off my cell at night, except when im on call. but sometimes then too

Comment

EWWW. The thought.....

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
                            you could just do his wife as a form of payment....

what if he is gay

G3
                            Don't ask Don't tale

Comment

Originally posted by metx View Post
                              How do you guys deal with neighbor , I did a small job on Sunday my day off .leak out of 1/2 line ,he had steel ,.brass and black all on this line .It started to leak .I run about 4 feet of copper and asked for 50 bucks,2 months ago i changed his kitchen faucet on the arm , now after the job which was not cleared out ,I had to move all s t out of my way .He said i have to go to the atm and i check you tomorrow , and nothing , still ,ok its not the money this time it the next time .
                              I had this problem they expect you to work for nothing because your a neighbour but you are going to have to face up to him and directly ask him for your money as it is the principle of the matter its your living and no one works for nothing and then scub him if he wants other work done.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X