X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die Heads

What are the differences between the 11R and the 12R die heads.

THE 11R FITS THE SMALL HAND THREADER AND THE 600 ELECTRIC MACHINE UP TO 1 1/4'' PIPE. IT IS A HEX TYPE DRIVE WITH AN ENCLOSED RATCHET ASSY. THE 12R IS THE LARGER ONE THAT WILL FIT THE 700 MACHINE AND CAN GO TO 2''.IT IS USED IN AN EXPOSED RATCHET ASSY. CHECK ON THEIR WEB SITE FOR A PARTS BREAKDOWN. BOTH OF THESE WILL USE THE SAME REPLACEMENT DIE TO THREAD WITH. 11R UP TO 1.25'' AND 12R UP TO 2''. THE 12R IS MUCH MORE POPULAR IT SEEMS. THE 00R IS A SMALLER VERSION OF THE 12R. UP TO A 1'' CAPACITY. ADAPTERS ARE MADE TO RUN THEM ALL IN THE LARGER 700 MACHINE. ALSO THERE ARE VERSIONS THAT ARE DESIGNED TO THREAD COATED PIPE. SUCH AS USED IN UNDERGROUND GAS INSTALLATIONS. THEY ARE MILLED OUT TO ACCEPT THE LITTLE BIT THICKER O.D. MAKE SURE YOU SPEC THE RIGHT DIE CUTTER FOR THE TYPE OF PIPE: STEEL, STAINLESS, PVC, TAPERED THREADS, STRAIGHT THREADS, LEFT HAND THREADS. I'M ASSUMING THAT YOUR THREADING PLUMBING PIPE WITH REGULAR GALVANIZED OR BLACK STEEL PIPE. THEN I MIGHT HAVE GIVEN TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

[ 01-29-2005, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: PLUMBER RICK ]

Comment

Thanks for the good info Rick. I was checking out the Ridgid power threaders for inside gas line work. I very rarely thread anything over 1 1/4", so I'm thinking that the 600 should do everything that I need.

Comment

Working...
      X