Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water service replacement..........in the arctic

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
    it is tough stuff. the ford fittings, if installed correctly are tough as nails and won't pull apart if the line freezes.

Vince
    When I was a Pipe-layer we used it for overlands when replacing the main.
    Usually tied into a hydrant. One day the excavator operator snagged a 2" so hard I swear I saw the hydrant move 6" at least Everything held and the HDPE had a small dent from the side of his bucket.

"if installed correctly"
    I forgot to install the insert on one side of a 2" coupling and it took 2 days for the thing to blow apart. Luckily it was 5 min's before quitin' time not 5 min's after.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Nice to see you're still givin'-er up there in Rankin. Keep up the good work, my northern brother!

Comment

Hey Vince are you heating with Propane or soldering with it? Mapp gas is way better for soldering.
        ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post
          Hey Vince are you heating with Propane or soldering with it? Mapp gas is way better for soldering.
          we heat our houses with heating fuel. propane hasn't made it's way up here yet. although 300 miles south in churchill, manitoba they use propane. it's cheaper for them because they're and the end of the rail line.

i like using Mapp gas, but nobody orders it up here. i guess there's not enough demand for it. i had a heck of a time just trying to find putty.

20lb'er of propane is about $150 up here. you have to buy the bottle because there is no fill station here.

Vince

Comment

You aren't in Canada you are North of Canada!
            ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
            X