Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Delta Touch2 0

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
    I can see these being great for service calls.

1st trip to come out and diagnose $$.$$

2nd trip is after the customer receives parts $$$.$$

Even though it's ridiculous, it still smash mouths a piece of s.h.i.t. kohler all day long.

Here's what everyone missed on the major issue with that faucet:

It's a cross connection as hot and cold are now tied in a loop since the solenoid is installed to the spout line.

That means if someone leaves the faucet on, touches the faucet to turn off...

the backflow protection is only in that pull out sprayer, no where else. There is a loop to center on, hot and cold, no?

And they are $338.00 to boot.

The unlicensed and including plumbers have trouble installing faucets, now with this setup it's going to be even worse for potential failure points.

I see the illegal washing machine yoke scenario here.

i'll check, i have to install one tomorrow but its possible they have checks on supply's like the symmons sensor faucets have. not positive but that would take care of the x-conn.

Comment

Re: Delta Touch2 0

Originally posted by bartnc37 View Post
      i'll check, i have to install one tomorrow but its possible they have checks on supply's like the symmons sensor faucets have. not positive but that would take care of the x-conn.

Hopefully they did...but if they didn't, that's bad news in sooooo many ways because I can see that handle being left in the on position for long periods of time.

Let us know if the instructions require you to cable tie the hot or cold supply to the sprayer connection. The last dst delta required that for stability so the connection doesn't snap there from the constant pulling out of the sprayer.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
      X