Clear All

• Delta Touch2 0

Fancy new faucet with a computer-hacker
    doing-plumbing look to the install.
    Nice concept.More crap to go wrong.

http://www.deltafaucet.com/pilarinstallation.html#

Re: Delta Touch2 0

Good Grief
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Really???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????

We really need this? What's the matter with the forearm, or elbow?

Good grief.

Comment

Holy NEC batman! Do we really want homeowners ( or plumbers!) sticking metal things into an outlet, even if it is only (hopefully) the ground? And how long will you maintain a good connection on a wire wrapped around the pipe and taped in place?

Fortunately, I see that as of March, they no longer need the ground connection. Anyone got a service call on one of these yet??

So you have to have a certain "touch" to make it work. If somehow the spout gets grounded, it wont work. You leave the handle on. Someone sets the spout down on the side of the sink, and the cat taps it...water sprays on floor! Cat turns on the water, and the battery goes low and doesn't turn off automatically!

Anybody want one of these? Anyone have one?

Comment

Looked at it 6 months ago in a supply house. Gimmicky.

J.C.

Comment

I wouldn't put it in my house if they gave it to me for free.

Technology is great, but their is nothing wrong with keeping it simple.

It looked very unprofessional under the sink. They could have at least put a cover over the batteries. I liked that part about making sure the hose does not get tangled up in anything, along with not cutting the supplies and making big-o-whoppty woo's under there. Looks like a hamster gymnasium.

350.00 faucet, ya ok.

If they really wanted to impress customers they would make a faucet with a finish that looks great all the time. It is my number one complaint about faucets.
            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Too much liability, I won't install one. Delta is going down hill in my opinion. I no longer use their kitchen or lavy faucets.

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
              Fancy new faucet with a computer-hacker
              doing-plumbing look to the install.
              Nice concept.More crap to go wrong.

http://www.deltafaucet.com/pilarinstallation.html#

Comment

i love em. when people call you don't put the faucets in, have them call me we will put them in. i'm a service plumber. if it meets code who am i to make the decisions in their life. breid.............

Comment

I can see these being great for service calls.

1st trip to come out and diagnose $$.$$

2nd trip is after the customer receives parts $$$.$$

Even though it's ridiculous, it still smash mouths a piece of s.h.i.t. kohler all day long.

Here's what everyone missed on the major issue with that faucet:

It's a cross connection as hot and cold are now tied in a loop since the solenoid is installed to the spout line.

That means if someone leaves the faucet on, touches the faucet to turn off...

the backflow protection is only in that pull out sprayer, no where else. There is a loop to center on, hot and cold, no?

And they are $338.00 to boot.

The unlicensed and including plumbers have trouble installing faucets, now with this setup it's going to be even worse for potential failure points.

I see the illegal washing machine yoke scenario here.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Um, ok.
                    I ONLY install Kohler faucets and I will NEVER again install another Delta pos kitchen or lavy plastic faucet. Hold a Kohler in one hand and then hold one of the new Delta's in your other hand. Now be careful, the Kohler is heavy, you could hurt yourself. Oh, and be careful the wind doesn't blow away the Delta!
                    I know you have a thing for Delta Steve since they sent you a free faucet once, but come on, really?

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                    I can see these being great for service calls.

1st trip to come out and diagnose $$.$$

2nd trip is after the customer receives parts $$$.$$

Even though it's ridiculous, it still smash mouths a piece of s.h.i.t. kohler all day long.

Here's what everyone missed on the major issue with that faucet:

It's a cross connection as hot and cold are now tied in a loop since the solenoid is installed to the spout line.

That means if someone leaves the faucet on, touches the faucet to turn off...

the backflow protection is only in that pull out sprayer, no where else. There is a loop to center on, hot and cold, no?

And they are $338.00 to boot.

The unlicensed and including plumbers have trouble installing faucets, now with this setup it's going to be even worse for potential failure points.

I see the illegal washing machine yoke scenario here.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                      Um, ok.
                      I ONLY install Kohler faucets and I will NEVER again install another Delta pos kitchen or lavy plastic faucet. Hold a Kohler in one hand and then hold one of the new Delta's in your other hand. Now be careful, the Kohler is heavy, you could hurt yourself. Oh, and be careful the wind doesn't blow away the Delta!
                      I know you have a thing for Delta Steve since they sent you a free faucet once, but come on, really?

So, as a plumber you base your product preferences by weight?

Apparently my opinion about product choices garnered some serious "weight" to be sought out, but you're tooting my horn for me.

You sink your boat better than anyone else could...
                      Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 10-25-2009, 11:38 PM.

Comment

If you think so Steve, ok!

Which is a better quality faucet, the heavy brass Kohler or the cheapo plastic feather weight new Delta with plastic supplies? Come on, you're kidding right?
                        Delta could send me a truck load of those faucets for free and I would laugh at them and send them right back, no thank you very much Delta. I've installed Delta for over 20 years, they lost a good customer until they can start making quality products again and if that's good for you Steve then yipee for you!

Anyway, the fact remains. Put a Kohler in your customers hand and put a cheapo plastic delta in their other hand. I sell the Kohler EVERY time. Thanks delta, I use your faucets for comparison, showing the cheapo garbage compared to quality, thanks! Yes I did buy one when they first came out, posted pictures of the cheap thing on another board.
                        Last edited by ironranger; 10-26-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                          If you think so Steve, ok!

Which is a better quality faucet, the heavy brass Kohler or the cheapo plastic feather weight new Delta with plastic supplies? Come on, you're kidding right?
                          Delta could send me a truck load of those faucets for free and I would laugh at them and send them right back, no thank you very much Delta. I've installed Delta for over 20 years, they lost a good customer until they can start making quality products again and if that's good for you Steve then yipee for you!

Anyway, the fact remains. Put a Kohler in your customers hand and put a cheapo plastic delta in their other hand. I sell the Kohler EVERY time. Thanks delta, I use your faucets for comparison, showing the cheapo garbage compared to quality, thanks! Yes I did buy one when they first came out, posted pictures of the cheap thing on another board.

You mean plumbing zone, the forum that asked you to leave because of disruptiveness, arrogant attitude and inconsistent statements that marathon meaningless statements.

I'm sure Delta did not contact you in regards to derogatory statements towards their products. It has to come from a credible source to carry any clout.

You're running out of plumbing forums to participate in, but I'm sure you know this as I can count 5 now that have removed you. Enjoy your short leash.

Comment

I've not been removed from any plumbing forums except for your "bash pex" site which I have no desire to click on ever again, seems nobody else cares to read your rants there either, it's dead.
                            I asked the Plumbing Zone to remove my name from their board for personal reasons, I didn't want my company name associated with what was going on over there, it's become very unprofessional. I was told that if I ever want to come back, all I have to do is ask and my name will be reinstated. I was told that I was a very valuable contributor to their site and they will miss my postings. I still have the emails and can prove this fact so back off Steve, you're way out of line.

I enjoy reading posts here and contributing on occasion. What I don't like is when someone makes personal attacks or makes outlandish accusations just because they disagree with what you have to say. I also don't think this site wants that either. The other site seems to allow it more and that's why I left, on my own. I was never removed and like I said I will prove it to anyone who asks me through pm.

I think Kohler faucets are better than the cheapo Delta faucets, that's my opinion. Sorry if you don't like it but there was no reason for you to attempt to degrade me for it and make false accusations. When you post like that Steve it shows what kind of person you really are but I'm pretty sure most here already know.

As long as you're allowed to post such trash I'm out of here, it's Ridgids call. I'll check back in a few days.
                            Last edited by ironranger; 10-26-2009, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I find both Delta and Kohler to be declining in quality depending on model.

Some Delta's have decent weight but cheaper other parts.

Some Kohler's have decent weight but cheaper other parts or impossible to find later parts.

I've got no "you should buy this" answer anymore.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X