X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharkbite Knock-offs Beware

A.Y.Mcdonald is selling a chinese knock-off Sharkbite... If you thought Cash Acme was bad wait until you get ahold of these

I needed a handfull of 1/2" and 3/4" caps for pressure testing and the supply house switched to these (I did not realize it since the supply hose pulled the knock off fittings out of their packaging).

2 out of 10 popped off (new pex) @ 40 psi and when I pulled off the remaining caps a few of them would not be reuseable due to the soft plastic shoulders deforming..

First my Dewalt Light now these...lol

Just call me Mr. negative tonight

Bill

Re: Sharkbite Knock-offs Beware

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
    A.Y.Mcdonald is selling a chinese knock-off Sharkbite... If you thought Cash Acme was bad wait until you get ahold of these

I needed a handfull of 1/2" and 3/4" caps for pressure testing and the supply house switched to these (I did not realize it since the supply hose pulled the knock off fittings out of their packaging).

2 out of 10 popped off (new pex) @ 40 psi and when I pulled off the remaining caps a few of them would not be reuseable due to the soft plastic shoulders deforming..

First my Dewalt Light now these...lol

Just call me Mr. negative tonight

Bill

Yeah and don't forget those quarterly taxes!
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      weren't they due in September? or mayne in December for the next payment? or am i getting adlepatted?

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Other than fearing a CPVC joint to dry in the allotted time....

Can someone explain to me why any professional plumber would use a sharkbite?

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. I just don't understand why a plumber would use one when they have the skills to take care of it in a more proven way.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
          weren't they due in September? or mayne in December for the next payment? or am i getting adlepatted?

steve

Nah I just wanted to give OkieBill that sick gut feeling that comes around 4 times a year, a little early since he likes to remind everyone of the dreaded, daunting task.

Comment

Nah I just wanted to give OkieBill that sick gut feeling that comes around 4 times a year, a little early since he likes to remind everyone of the dreaded, daunting task.
            That's SlimTim, the TN grim reaper.

J.C.

Comment

Dunbar, you made my night!!!

Not me but yes I hate the tax months...lol

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. I just don't understand why a plumber would use one when they have the skills to take care of it in a more proven way.

Thanks.

J.C.

They are great for capping lines for testing and normally reuseable...

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

Thanks.

J.C.
                  I have used two in my career. I remember both jobs vividly, and I am a little embarrassed about it, to be honest. Both jobs would have been excessive in labor if I had not used them. Both customers were very cheap.
                  Enter the Sharkbite.
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I've got like 20 under my belt over the past 5 years. It's the only way I will transition from cpvc to copper

Comment

Just watch, Dunbar. The first time I don't remind everyone will be the first time YOU forget to pay.
                      Then how can the gov afford to pay to monitor all of that cow flatulence?
                      I don't mind being mistaken for Okiebill. He has over 1100 posts and 13 nominations!
                      It would be easier to mistake me for Rick though, since I also have a bidet seat!
                      And I also put an emote at the end of every sentence.
                      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X