X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Johni-Bar Review

I was sent one of the Johni-Bar tools about a month ago. And wouldn't you know it, I didn't have any serious toilet repairs for two weeks. Then I had occasion to pull a tank in order to replace the flush valve. The bolts were turning with the nut and the heads in the tank were completely rusted over.
    The tool was made for closet bolts but hey, a johni is a johni. It worked great at holding the bolt in place while I turned the nut off. I slipped it between the tank and bowl but I imagine it could have be used under the bolt head in the tank as well ( I didn't want rusty knuckles!)
    Friday I had to pull a one piece toilet for floor repairs. One of the closet bolts was turning. I turned to the Johni-Bar. After a couple of turns it locked in place and off came the nut with a good bit of torque too.
    My complaint is the Johni-Bar didn't want to let go!
    I would recommend one for every plumber's tool bag. It would pay for itself and more the first time you use it.

I was also sent a pair of the Fast-Set closet bolts. As I mentioned in a previous post (somewhere on this site), I have used them many times before and like them as well. This company really does seem to know how to please the the plumber. Their stuff is not junk.

P.S. Don't anybody read below this line......

OK Ray, pony up the $100.00 for the good review!
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Re: My Johni-Bar Review

He sent me one also and I have not been able to use it yet. Kinda like when I bought my camera, I didn't use it for three weeks other than looking in my ear with it.

I showed the guys in the shop and they want one.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Slim Tim, check is in the mail All kidding aside, you the man who came up with the tank bolt idea. I'm impressed.

I'm surprised you were able to get in that far to reach the bolt. Now I need to make a flat one. Maybe I will call it "Slim-Bar" after its co founder Slim Tim.

Thanks guys!

Comment

it sounds like a good product. where are they available?

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

That is a good idea Slim.

Maybe Ray could make it flat on one end and a step up on the the other with the rubber pad in the the center. That would be neat.

On a side note, I forgot to restock my van with Fast Set bolts and used the regular ones on one toilet. Irritated me, I'm spoiled now.

Our sales rep. stopped by and tried to give us a set of these.
          http://www.siouxchief.com/Specialtie...mart-Cap.4J67L

He got laughed at by three plumbers. I told him maybe the airport would be interested in them.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Just wanted to update... I had to pull two Am.Stan. tanks in order to replace the bolts and gaskets. The heads on all of the bolts were rusted over. None of the nuts wanted to turn off. I flipped the Johni Bar over and it slid between the tank and bowl as if Ray made it for just that purpose. It locked the bolts in place and the nuts came off with gentle prodding.

It is a great tool.
            Last edited by SlimTim; 03-13-2010, 01:32 AM.
            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
              it sounds like a good product. where are they available?

steve
              I want one too, did a search without luck. Anyone?

Comment

Here you go. More things you might be interested in too.

http://www.rjstechllc.com/

J.C.

Comment

JC, thanks for the recommendation on the Bucket Boss compartmentalized bags. I picked up 2 of them off amazon for $11 bucks each and got all of my PEX fittings organized.

Great Bags!

Comment

Working...
                  X