Toilet Seat Bidet Sales Techniques

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toilet Seat Bidet Sales Techniques

I can't say I can promote and make a sell/install for everyone.

But I would like to be more educated about good operating and reliable brands with a reasonable range of prices.

Be good to be knowledgeable about this to offer to handicapped, elderly, or those that are physically impaired in some manner.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      I can't say I can promote and make a sell/install for everyone.

But I would like to be more educated about good operating and reliable brands with a reasonable range of prices.

Be good to be knowledgeable about this to offer to handicapped, elderly, or those that are physically impaired in some manner.

J.C.

Everyone knows about the most "known" brand Toto. The subject matter is touch-n-go for many...will be for some time. If there is any association with the AMA I'd like to see it as well (American Medical Association) and what their opinions are to the product.

I think a lot of people use those handheld showers the same way when cleaning their bodies. This just expands to point of use.

Having these discussions with people that can properly wipe themselves is a hard sell, no doubt. But somewhere in the chain of command that "able" person can make a distinction between desire and necessity.

Ask any woman that has chronic UTI's (Urinary Tract Infections) or someone who has has hemmorhoid surgery, no surgery at all, or they are too obese to reach back and wipe.

I work for a woman that has rheumatoid (sp) arthritis and her hands are curled inward as well as her feet. I won't make a special effort to contact them in regards to these products but I'll certainly mention it the next time I work for them.

There's no way she's properly taking care of herself, especially if she's not able to drive a car, write a check, hold a broom.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

i have some customers that have had their toto bidet seats for well over 15 years, trouble free

i see an end to the stand alone bidet. a very expensive space consuming product that it's time has come and gone.

now if i can only sell my bidet seat

if i told you how many people come into our local hardware store looking for adapters to connect a sprayer kitchen hose to, it would blow you away.

they keep the line pressurized 24/7 and are relying on a $7.00 pull out spray hose and nozzle.

we send them to the middle eastern market down the street who carries just what they're looking for

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Awesome post Plumber Rick. Hey I know a good use for that seat:

Your wife could auction that off to the highest bidder and use those funds for a good cause. The lucky recipient will have something that works good...and it will be something they adapt to.

Comment

What are some "Good, Better, Best" t/s bidets in anyones' opinion?

Thanks.

J.C.
            In my experience, which is limited, at the low end (pun unintended) the BB-50 (Bio Bidet) Bidet Attachment is fine. Cold water only, pressure control with a dial and mounts with the existing toilet seat bolts. I'm not thrilled with the plastic water lines but that's all there is for now. It works very well at cleaning. I've tested 3 other brands of that type.
            I've tried two brands of the complete Bidet seats. So far, the CoCo is the best buy. I haven't tried ToTo but the CoCo is half the price and has all the functions. I've had some in the field for over a year with not one complaint of failure yet. I don't use the water lines or adapter that they send with it. Too hardware storish if you know what I mean.
            There is not a whole lot of profit, at least I don't add a lot, but the real reward is the "I just don't know how to thank you"s that you will get.
            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

What are some "Good, Better, Best" t/s bidets in anyones' opinion?

Thanks.

J.C.
              I have tried a bunch. As of right now 2 of the most expensive units other than Toto are horrible, the spray was very weak I could not believe how poorly they cleaned. I will give the company a chance to make good with us before I say who they are. They have almost no market share. The Toto 300 has a harsh spray but works very well I think it is way to expensive for what it does.

I sell Coco because they work great look great and have great functions. Other units I've tried all worked well, some looked better than others but they still worked just fine. I just can't run down my competition if there product is good.

As far as simple inexpensive under $125.00 bidets. they all work good even the hand sprayers are O.K. Most are cheaply built and we have had a few issues with all of them. Nothing serious. We are starting to import a BB50 like unit that is a little beefier and should hold up better. at least the units we tested so far are holding up great. We expect great success with them. Cheep units are not the best for people with handicapps . But thats a hole different topic.

I hope I have helped without crossing any lines.
              Last edited by saysflushable; 10-29-2009, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I'm home for lunch and the lady I'm working for shook her head, almost winced when I told her the conversation I was having with her neighbor, who is interested in using a bidet.

This same woman however has nerve damage in her neck that is keeping her from sleeping in a bed anymore, and if she stands for a few minutes, her left hand goes numb. I don't know if she is left handed or right handed but I know that for most people it's one hand to spread the cheeks and one to wipe.

Okay that's a really disgusting visual I just thought about with my customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Saysflushable
                  Why support the toilet paper and baby wipe industry when a plumbing products will work so much better and make us and our families healthier?
                  Waitaminnit - yer using the seat bidet to clean babies?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Rick
                    i see an end to the stand alone bidet. a very expensive space consuming product that it's time has come and gone.
                    I like my bidets! You can wash a baby in 'em.

Comment

How do these washlets protect against cross contamination?

Comment

Originally posted by snake View Post
                        How do these washlets protect against cross contamination?
                        You put an RPZ behind the toilet.

J.C.

Comment

And we all know it's a confined air space so you better be wearing your oxygen mask! Almost like you can feel the bump in the road comin!

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                            Waitaminnit - yer using the seat bidet to clean babies?
                            It's either the bidet or the garden hose. It's there choice.

Comment

Ok people you've got me thinking. We are doing a home show next weekend and as a gimmick we usually fill a toilet bowl full of halloween candy for the kids as they come by the booth. Because of this thread I'm thinking of hooking a bidet toilet seat up to a lemonade container with some dixie cups so the kids can get a drink of lemonade. Poor taste, maybe, but we would be the talk of the home show. What do you think??? ?

Comment

Ok people you've got me thinking. We are doing a home show next weekend and as a gimmick we usually fill a toilet bowl full of halloween candy for the kids as they come by the booth. Because of this thread I'm thinking of hooking a bidet toilet seat up to a lemonade container with some dixie cups so the kids can get a drink of lemonade. Poor taste, maybe, but we would be the talk of the home show. What do you think??? ?

A little to risque for me. but it might work???

Another question:
                                In an age where 1.28 GPF (and less with pressure assist) are the future, is
                                using more water per use really greener than using less paper?

How much water gets used on average by these toilets?

Are they Water Sense/EPA certified?

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X