Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toilet Seat Bidet Sales Techniques

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
    Ok people you've got me thinking. We are doing a home show next weekend and as a gimmick we usually fill a toilet bowl full of halloween candy for the kids as they come by the booth. Because of this thread I'm thinking of hooking a bidet toilet seat up to a lemonade container with some dixie cups so the kids can get a drink of lemonade. Poor taste, maybe, but we would be the talk of the home show. What do you think??? ?

A little to risque for me. but it might work???

Another question:
    In an age where 1.28 GPF (and less with pressure assist) are the future, is
    using more water per use really greener than using less paper?

How much water gets used on average by these toilets?

Are they Water Sense/EPA certified?

-Chris
    You use very little water. About 8 oz. per cleaning. I'd have to check but i think 1 role of toilet paper takes 30gallons of water to make. Don't forget we are talking about removing excrement from our bodies. I'm willing to use a little water for that.

If you tried one for a week all your questions would be gone.

Comment

I haven't tried a toilet seat bidet yet

Hell, I haven't even seen one installed in a customers house

Where are the big names pushing this industry?

Show me an ex-football player allstar or coach of a world champion team

How about Bill Gates?, Nancy Pelosi?, Alex Trebeck?, The Rock? Al Gore?...anyone?

Why no 30 minute info-mercials at 3:00AM?

....because that subject is anathema to most people It's just too taboo.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

How about Bill Gates?, Nancy Pelosi?, Alex Trebeck?, The Rock? Al Gore?...anyone?

Funny, I just assumed with a username like "plumberscrack" you would be the hands-down expert in bidets.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
          is using more water per use really greener than using less paper?
          Toilet paper production uses at least 473,587,500,000 gallons of water each year.
          http://www.bbruneau.com/bidetfacts.html

Comment

PC,

It's coming, once they manage to move away from that personal "oh god you're talking about my rectum!" fear.

Remember the same hole that removeth the waste from the body needs to stay as clean as the hole that taketh the food that enters the body.

This conversation has gained the interest of many but regardless of personal opinions and beliefs, the functionality of products in plumbing have their hay day and I truly believe this one will be a product that had very humble beginnings but then took off like a rocket when the majority, not the minority understand that what toilet paper is to plumbing is the V8 engine to the automobile industry.

Time, energy and efficiency is forcing the V8 motor out of existence in majority view and I truly believe that bidet toilet seats will be the replacement for toilet paper usage as it overwhelmingly provides a better finished result in hygiene.

Water is the most widely used lubricant in the world...why are we avoiding this sitting on a toilet when it is always used while bathing and showering?

Read that question twice and formulate the understanding.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Do a demo for the folks at the show! Take a greasy dump,bend over and show that clean crack! Billy woulda done it!
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Dairylander View Post
                Toilet paper production uses at least 473,587,500,000 gallons of water each year.
                http://www.bbruneau.com/bidetfacts.html
                Thanks for the link!

I'm convinced about the green aspect now.

You guys almost have me convinced....but what about backflow protection? Is there an integral dual check?

Also, I think you're right about the "butt talk" stigma, particularly in the US.

Anyone else reminded of that awful Sylvester Stalone film from years ago "Demolition Man" with the "3 shells." Seemed amusing at the time but now perhaps a practical reality

-Chris

Comment

[QUOTE=Swade Plumbing;259826]Thanks for the link!

I'm convinced about the green aspect now.

You guys almost have me convinced....but what about backflow protection? Is there an integral dual check?

Also, I think you're right about the "butt talk" stigma, particularly in the US.

Anyone else reminded of that awful Sylvester Stalone film from years ago "Demolition Man" with the "3 shells." Seemed amusing at the time but now perhaps a practical reality

[Quote]

The expensive units all have back flow built in. I am trying hard to find a back flow preventor for the inexpensive units. I know as soon as more plumbers start using them this will become resolved.

As far as butt talk. You are right we don't talk about it. unfortunatly millions and millions of our loved ones suffer because we won't talk about it. UTI's, ROIDS relieved. Ask a person going through chemo what wiping was like. They say it is brutal, unfortunatly not even doctors will talk about it. They just perscibe more pain killers.
                  I'm not to proud to talk about such an important subject. We just had a paralized veteran from Novi Mi. Tell us how much he likes the toilet seat bidet we installed for him. It helps him void and he likes knowing he is clean.

From what I can find the toilet paper industry is happy to talk about wiping to the tune of $25,000,000.00 a quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

Will Smith and Opera Winfrey so far have talked about having them.

why wait for stars to make it acceptable. Lets as plumbers use them weather it is acceptable or not. It is better by far. It will beat your highest expectations. Why not try a plumbing product?

Comment

Cuz it's ooky

Comment

I'm thinking warm water would be a neccessity with these. In most northern states the cold water can be 40 degrees or less. Things tend to close up when cold, making it tough to clean.

I would like to try a warm water bidet seat in my own house before I recomend one. Any suggestions ?

Comment

Originally posted by 420paul View Post
                          I'm thinking warm water would be a neccessity with these. In most northern states the cold water can be 40 degrees or less. Things tend to close up when cold, making it tough to clean.

I would like to try a warm water bidet seat in my own house before I recomend one. Any suggestions ?
                          When you try one you will see warm water is by no means a necessity at all .I live in Michigan it gets plenty cold here. As fare as the warm water units go . I posted my thoughts in this thread earlier. You will be happy with almost all of them.

Comment

I installed a toto washlet , and they want one in their new bath. They insisted I try it. Icannot imagine ANYONE not wanting one. Nice warm experience. Joey go for it!
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Once someone requires these devices in regards to water consumption reductions...it's over with. These will be as important as light bulbs.

I had troubles myself with it, just committing to the idea.

My health problems (back) had a lot to do with it.

I think the fact that the product started out only for elite, and then the product slowly became extinct, now coming back in a less expensive fashion has some bearing on the matter.

We wash our hands after we wipe our anus; if we stop putting our hands around our anus, completely which this product is so notorious for, the cleanliness of humans, especially younger people will be a great step forward for personal hygiene and safety.

Of course, we should still wash our hands after using the bathroom but you won't have the issue with fecal matter staining your fingers, under your fingernails, creases of your fingernails where it meets the skin. People do this and don't realize it.

I personally think it's awesome to take a huge dump, knowing it's as messy as messy gets and have something erase away any signs of it without exerting any force other than turning a knob, blasting away, corn-peanuts-sesame seeds...all disappears.
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Dunbar, it's one thing to talk about it. Butt you have entirely too much fun talking about it!
                                By the way, your taxes are due in 74 days.
                                "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X