X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Seat Bidet Sales Techniques

I didn't think I'd ever post a thread like this but in just the past 3 days, I believe I've convinced people that toilet paper usage is going to be eliminated in the next 20 years.

Here's why:

It's not green to kill trees to wipe your ***, plain and simple.

It's the number one way people become infected, spread germs because fecal matter gets in under your fingernails, on your skin, even washing doesn't completely clean.

Sewage backups are namely created by soft matter backups, ie toilet paper.

That consistent wiping that makes you rash up and bleed, with the introduction of fecal matter is guaranteed infection.

And then you have to keep wiping that rash the next time you go. Now it's painful.

Here's what I've told customers as of late,

"Would you believe me if I told you I've only used 4 rolls of toilet paper in the past year, and two of those rolls were used for blowing my nose?"

(I stand there in dead silence, won't say a word, waiting for their response)

Then I ask another question, and point:

"How do you clean that mirror above your sink?"

The second I hear anything liquid, I've nailed the equation down. "You use a lubricant to clean"

and I go on with the dialogue pinning many scenarios, how many bidet toilet seats they can buy in just one year with the amount of toilet paper they use to clean themselves.

I tell them that our posteriors are of a surface that are basically ripples, give or take a couple/few lumps called hemmorhoids that are very difficult to deal with.

This question is to the viewing audience of this thread...

"Ever wiped and just kept wiping, and no matter how hard you push or however much area you cover...you're still getting brown back?"

"Ever take that first wipe and pull back what looks like modeling clay, knowing that there's at least, 5-6 more wipes given the lack of gravity to your soft-n-serve?"

You might think this thread is funny, you might think it is crude...but remember to think of someone who has shorter than normal arms that have to reach from the front, or the person who just had surgery and the wife or husband now has to see what that meal on the plate looks like 13 hours later.

You think this discussion is embarrassing, wait till you get to an age where the highlight of your day isn't shitting all over yourself and pray you can just hold back and stop the flow of what is trying to leave you. Medications, illnesses, fatigue, back/skeletal problems can cause all of these hardships.

It's a mini shower that concentrates on the part of the body that NEEDS to be the most sanitary spot of our bodies. But we've become a society that nestles itself to be one of the most wasteful societies on earth.

Other countries in this world do not use toilet paper, whether by practice or religious beliefs.

Water is the most well known lubricant found on this planet, but we have a problem with using it to protect us from ourselves?

This logic is coming folks. I can see in 20 years that our resources with toilet paper will come to a change or path that requires us to quit throwing a half a case of toilet paper down the drain between 4 people in a week.

And to have someone crack a smile that they are a generous user of toilet paper?

This product is now in the affordability range for all without restriction to income/wage status earners to afford this.

Who is unclean in the big picture, who is wasting a resource that has to be constantly grown and never replaces/recycles itself in the equation.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Toilet Seat Bidet Sales Techniques

I had too much peppers this weekend - this could be just what I need

Comment

joeys christmas gift is still for sale

$850.00 gets it still wrapped and delivered just in time for the holidays ($1364. retail)

toto white elongated model # s300 http://www.totousa.com/Default.aspx?tabid=112

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

$850.00 gets it still wrapped and delivered just in time for the holidays ($1364. retail)

rick.
        I've got the same model in the same color gathering dust on my shelf.

Only draw back to retrofitting with a washlot et al is the required electrical outlet.

Comment

I have not sold one yet.

Looks like I have my wife convinced to try one out and it would really help my boys since cleaning that part is something they cannot do. Looking at getting a S300. I'm installing the outlet today.

Rick your price is way high. Check Ebay my friend. The new S300 has been redesigned with a new reinforced base plate and hidden cord design, which I don't consider to be a huge improvement.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

ty, unfortunatly that was my cost from the supply house where i bought it. not sure what ebay has for pricing.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
              I though John Crapper III posted he would buy it from you if Joey did not want it?

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                I have not sold one yet.

Looks like I have my wife convinced to try one out and it would really help my boys since cleaning that part is something they cannot do. Looking at getting a S300. I'm installing the outlet today.

Rick your price is way high. Check Ebay my friend. The new S300 has been redesigned with a new reinforced base plate and hidden cord design, which I don't consider to be a huge improvement.
                Hey Tyman. I have tried many toilet seat bidets. The s 300 is a little harsh. If I was going to go with Toto I would install the S200.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post

Only draw back to retrofitting with a washlot et al is the required electrical outlet.
                  This hasn't been a problem in the residential market here. I arrange to have my electrician install a gfi as part of the sale. Most of them have been installed for about $100.00
                  "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Can't a girl just catch a break? Why do you guys always start this up full force around the holidays? This is how I ended up with one!
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I'm getting shoulder surgery in a couple weeks and would get one if my right shoulder was getting cut on.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        I'm getting shoulder surgery in a couple weeks and would get one if my right shoulder was getting cut on.
                        No need to have a surgery before you have a lifestyle upgrade. let the products of your trade give you a more comfortable life, for you and your family. Why support the toilet paper and baby wipe industry when a plumbing products will work so much better and make us and our families healthier?

Comment

Today was a perfect example of a day where I wish I had a bidet on the road.

Had to go get plumbing materials and nature called out of sync today. I was hoping for a delay till I got home but no can do.

I had to use the facilities away from home and it was one of which where you cannot make a clean elimination. Wipe after wipe after wipe and it's just still there.

I went back to work and it just got progressively worse, and I hated it. It was an inconvenience on many levels and I felt that the time involved compared to what other methods in the name of bidet toilet seats was the answer.

I'm sitting here rashed from the numerous wipings, I even took paper towels and got them wet to stop the issue but it's too far gone at this point. I'm itchy, rashy, and it burns. I hate it and if I hate the experience.

I can't choose the "type" of bowel movements I have. I've taken some that don't require a bidet seat or toilet paper both. Like I just sent a package by ups and that's it! Wish it was always like that.

But I think my diet as of late has a bearing on this. So be it.

Comment

What are some "Good, Better, Best" t/s bidets in anyones' opinion?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              What are some "Good, Better, Best" t/s bidets in anyones' opinion?

Thanks.

J.C.

Hard to say. I know I have the cheapest one out there, non-electric and it has no commands but water volume, that's it.

The more elaborate types can be quite the experience though. From gentle wash, or is it genital wash. Then there's the heated seat, separate remote, moving wand that keeps you from having to move around the seat to get yourself clean.

The market is getting big for this because product mfgs. are starting to make them and there's various brands. It has a huge price range from cheap ($69.99 to 1499.99) with many options.

Years ago I worked for a fellow that owned houses that he'd rent to the japanese folk that worked at toyota. In his basement he'd have these transformers that made the correct amperage transition to accept the bidet toilet seats they brought with them.

At the time I thought of it as senseless but the japanese usually crush us with thought process and innovative technology.

Comment

Working...
                              X