X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform plumbing code

I'm looking at purchasing the Uniform Plumbing Code Illustrated Training Manual by IAPMO. I was told it would be a great reference for me in preparation for the CA plumbing contractor license exam. I was wondering if it was worth it (approx $150)or should I just stick to the regular UPC? Or am I completely off track? Any suggestions.

Re: Uniform plumbing code

Look on Ebay they are usually pretty cheap.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I used the Howard Massey Plumbers Exam Preperation guide. It was a great help to me.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

it's a great reference as it is illustrated and basically helps you to interpret the code much better. considering a regular code book is roughly a $100. spend the extra $50 and get the illustrated one.

then next time you can get the $100 one as things won't change that drastically.

also a good thing to do to pass the test is take the 2 day crash course. the business law is the tough one.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Gotta agree with Rick on the 2 day "Crash Course" they were the best money I spent towards getting my licenses

Comment

Good deal, I thought the "pictures" might make it a little more useful. The prep course sounds like a definite must especially for the law portion.
            Thanks again.

Comment

Crash course.
              Don't mind the chattering of the numberous monkeys.It helps if bring a couple bags of peanuts to keep them preoccupied while your trying to study/test.

Comment

I just bought the illustrated version and really like it. It goes really in depth and explains the code in common sense terms. Highly recommend it.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  I just bought the illustrated version and really like it. It goes really in depth and explains the code in common sense terms. Highly recommend it.
                  Who's gonna' explain it to you?

J.C.

Comment

As a CAUTION, the illustrated UPC does not contain the complete UPC.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      As a CAUTION, the illustrated UPC does not contain the complete UPC.

Mark
                      Of course not. Got to leave something out of both so you have to buy both.

J.C.

Comment

And You can get it FREE on line ! www.public.resource.org ALL BUILDING CODES IN THE USA FREE
                        Last edited by toolaholic; 03-26-2010, 09:41 AM.
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

the training guide is a good complement to the code. but as said ya need both books.

as for the prep classes. they are a good idea. the business law i would not have passed with out it.

as for the plumbing. it prepped me for what they were going to ask? and they had some tricky questions.

Comment

Working...
                          X