Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gee, this guys price was really low...I wonder why?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gee, this guys price was really low...I wonder why?

i agree with shock. i live in indiana. over here we have to get in the trench to get out. how do you tie up the ends with out getting in the trench? if we are going to drop service in trench we use a trencher to do the run. make a proper hole at each end. not sayin nuthin here, just askin, just askin. breid.............

Comment

nice, is that a john deere 310c or b? Is it yours?

Comment

Originally posted by shock1964 View Post
        OMG did someone really get down in that trench? How deep is it? Not nearly cut back enough on the sides to meet safety requirements for confined space entry.
        What are You talking about? An Ames true temper long handle shovel measures 53 1/2" Handle looks about 3" proud of ditch. My hoe has a 24" bucket ,a little more ARSE ROOM. I believe He has a 12" one there. NO BIGGEE ON 50" DEPTH WITH THAT SOIL
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Was just wondering, the depth is not obvious from the pic. Looking more closely I can see the trench is not that deep at all, I guess frost going deep and freezing the line in not a worry where you are.
          Where I am a service will typically be minimum of 8 feet and the requirement is any trench over 5 feet requires cutting back the walls to maintain a 5 foot wall. The cutback will be at a 45 degree angle in loose soil and 30 degree in hard compact soil. If cutback is not practical then temporary protective structures are to be built to protect against sloughing of the sides and being buried alive. Less depth than 5 feet does not require this.
          Last edited by shock1964; 11-11-2009, 01:19 AM.

Comment

The frost line around here is 4ft. The tractor belongs to an independent excavator we hire out for such jobs. They bid the excavation, line hook up etc. We do the inside work.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
              The frost line around here is 4ft. The tractor belongs to an independent excavator we hire out for such jobs. They bid the excavation, line hook up etc. We do the inside work.
              So, the excavation contractor is also a licensed plumbing contractor?

The water service and "line hook up" is the plumbers work in IL.

Comment

Originally posted by ILPlumber View Post
                So, the excavation contractor is also a licensed plumbing contractor?

The water service and "line hook up" is the plumbers work in IL.
                You bet! We have a contractor's license as well as the plumbing/excavation company. We even use them on sewer line work.

Comment

Working...
                X