X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandalism

I have lately seen way more service calls caused by vandalism than I can ever remember seeing in the past. It has always been a factor in my work, but it just seems to have gotten out of hand.
    One store has continually had toilet seats snapped off, and shoplifters plug toilets with hard plastic product containers, or drug users disposing of needles in toilets.
    Another restaurant had the operater portion of a toto automatic flush valve stolen, which I replaced with a manual flush valve cause the damn auto ones are so damn expensive. A couple weeks later they have a lid stolen off a toilet tank which is a discontinued model and no replacement available so they had to replace the whole toilet. While doing this I see the top cap on the flush valve I had replaced on the urinal is missing....I had tightened the damn thing on!!!
    Can you picture someone walking out of a restaurant with a toilet lid under their coat? Or bringing in tools to dismantle parts off flush valves?
    I keep seeing other acts like this and just wonder.....what the hell is wrong with these people.

Re: Vandalism

Had similar things happen in a foo foo shopping mall. I assumed it was spoiled kid, pissed off to be dragged away from his xbox.

Comment

When we did work for Wally World, I seen it quite a bit especially the hard plastic packages getting stuck in the trap. The blister packs from knives was very popular.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

next time you're in a public bathroom, look at the partition stalls. there are 1 way screws on the panels to keep them from being removed

who's going to steal a urinal, toilet partition

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          next time you're in a public bathroom, look at the partition stalls. there are 1 way screws on the panels to keep them from being removed

who's going to steal a urinal, toilet partition

rick.
          I've thought the same for years
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I can explain it in 2 words BAD PARENTING !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I had the same thing happen at a local restaurant they found out it was an employee unhappy with the management. Two toilets, one urinal and a sink replaced before they found out. The last toilet was smashed by a hammer he broke the whole side the of toilet off. It was good work for me but it hurt the restaurant. I took 2/3 pay and the rest in free pizza's for the crew during meetings. It was a good deal for us because it led to other work in the local pizza chain.

Comment

Local pizza chain....wouldn't be Abby's would it?

MMMMmmmmmm Abby's Pizza!
                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by shock1964 View Post
                  A couple weeks later they have a lid stolen off a toilet tank which is a discontinued model and no replacement available so they had to replace the whole toilet.
                  Next time, try this site. He'll ship anywhere.
                  http://www.thisoldtoilet.com/

On second thought, replacing an old wc with a 1.3gal flush model is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                    Local pizza chain....wouldn't be Abby's would it?

MMMMmmmmmm Abby's Pizza!

Actually it was lol!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      I can explain it in 2 words BAD PARENTING !
                      It can't be said BAD parenting. Of course the parents might have bad background of their career but they dream about bright future of their children. To me because of BAD friendship circle.
                      personalised story books for adults

personalised story books for children

Comment

Being the plumber for 13 school sites, vandalism is definitely a reason for a good portion of plumbing repairs. The little boogers are just plain hard on plumbing anyway. Swinging their skateboards at it just finishes them off.

Comment

Working...
                        X