X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EEMAX point of use water heater help

Installed heater on single bath commercial building works great with .5 gpm aerator supplied when hot water only is on but when cold water is turned on to mix or cool down water heater turns off. Called manufacturer and they suggested .75 gpm aerator to fix. Did not work it is hooked up exactly like their brochure suggested any ideas to make this work without replacing or should i replace and return. HELP

Re: EEMAX point of use water heater help

Originally posted by DoubleL View Post
    Installed heater on single bath commercial building works great with .5 gpm aerator supplied when hot water only is on but when cold water is turned on to mix or cool down water heater turns off. Called manufacturer and they suggested .75 gpm aerator to fix. Did not work it is hooked up exactly like their brochure suggested any ideas to make this work without replacing or should i replace and return. HELP
    No experience with that one. (I think. Can't honestly remember.)

Sounds like the flow control (if it has one) of the heater needs a "sweet spot" of around .5 gpm to operate correctly and when the cold is turned on then the .5 gpm is slowed down coming through the hot side.

You could try a 1 gpm aerator but that's gonna' screw things up when you only turn on the hot side. (Probably just warm water when turned on full)

And maybe throttling the hot or cold angle stop through trial and error.

Guessing to help.

J.C.

Comment

eemax are a firebomb waiting to happen IMO. I will not install them anymore due to the fact that they melt...

You may try closing off the cold water angle stop a bit ( @ the sink) and see if that helps.

I remember a few posts about eemax heaters recently do a search and read all the opinions and make an informed decision

Good luck

Comment

Here's an EeMax for ya.....

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
          here's an eemax for ya.....

fire max !! Should show this to inspectors everywhere!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X