• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nitrogen use idea

CAREFUL! They could take an eye out with that spoon

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    Oops,I forgot.
    We are responsible for those who should not be using any tool other than a spoon.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Displaces oxygen inside pipe to prevent carbonization.
      Thanks, did not even think about that for brazing. It is done that way on stainless all of the time when tig welding, we call it back purging.

G3

Comment

this only works for inside of the pipe. i replace the hw drain valve with full port ball vavles.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

how about a SCUBA tank/regulator rig instead of N2?

3000 psi in the tank (80cu/ft) and adjust the 1st stage for 100 psi (most regs use an IM of 90 psi). you even go with a smaller bottle like 20cu/ft BOB or a pony bottle.

just a thought

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I bet a Water Ram would work as well.... If I had one I would try it

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              I bet a Water Ram would work as well.... If I had one I would try it

bill, i'll be glad to sell you mine. it's collecting dist on the shelf,];. only been used a couple of dirty t-shirts times

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                bill, i'll be glad to sell you mine. it's collecting dist on the shelf,];. only been used a couple of dirty t-shirts times

rick.

I would buy it but I trust your opinion and I have managed to make it this long without one...

Comment

the ram seems like it would be neat, but it also seems like it would only work if the clog were between the drain and the vent, with no overflow or any other point of entry for air.
                  No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
                    Thanks, did not even think about that for brazing. It is done that way on stainless all of the time when tig welding, we call it back purging.

G3
                    I weld and use tri gas on SS. c-25 mild steel ,Argon for Allum.
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                      Be a hoot at a party. Use in the 2nd bathroom,with a few plugs on the roof vents. KER POW
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        Be a hoot at a party. Use in the 2nd bathroom,with a few plugs on the roof vents. KER POW
                        I bet it would be better then flushing a cherrybomb...lol

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                          I bet it would be better then flushing a cherrybomb...lol
                          You guys are sick........where can I get one?
                          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            I weld and use tri gas on SS. c-25 mild steel ,Argon for Allum.
                            the only time i used Argon was in a tri-mix deep dive. thought i was gonna freeze my nads odd. no wooly bears or pumped hot water. what a dumbass i was. so young and so stupid

steve
                            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
                              Just a question, but what part does the nitrogen play in brazing?

G3
                              An often overlooked "best practice" by shade tree HVAC technicians. They will soon find out ( Jan. 1, 2010) that if you cut that corner on R410, you will probably have a failed compressor soon!

Comment

With a water heater pump you can remove the top mounted relief valve or hot water nipple out of the hot side of the heater and push down a rubber washing machine hose and pump the tank dry.

Comment

Working...
                                X