X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida propane install

Before I moved to Florida I did TONS of natural gas work up in NY. In two years, this will be the first one I do down here in FL. The G.C. wants to put a cooktop in the kitchen island so I have to run a propane line from the outside. How exactly would you guys do it? Black...galvanized...copper...Tracpipe? I have to cut and chop a cahnnel in the slab from where the island will be to the exterior wall.They want it to be as least exposed as possible but can I even run it under the footing so that i can bury it all the way to the propane tank? Thanks.

Re: Florida propane install

being that it's in the interior slab, you need to sleeve it.

it has to have a way to vent itself in case it leaks.

not sure if csst is legal there, but they make a csst that is already sleeved that is just what you need. not sure if it was gastite or tracpipe.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

If you are cetified to install CSST, that is what I would use. Push the CSST through 2" conduit. The pipe will be protected that way. If you are not certified to install CSST you can also use L copper. The copper will be much more difficult to fish through the conduit though.

Comment

As Rick stated you can get csst pre-sleeved. It works out well. I used it up North underground.
        Mike
        Last edited by myakka; 11-23-2009, 08:33 PM. Reason: spelling...of course

Comment

I know that several people have stated that you need to be certified to install CSST....but it it absolutely necessary in EVERY municipality? I find it ironic that all of the manufacturers state how easy it is to install yet there is certification involved.......I guess it's to cover THEIR as__es........... IF I do decide to install copper then what type of pipe should I sleeve it with, electical conduit? sch 40 pvc? Thanks.
          Last edited by vette850; 12-02-2009, 04:46 PM.

Comment

You need to be certified to do anything in Florida, Wont be long you will need to be certified to wipe your rear end. Not sure what kind of line you need to run for the gas. But it does need to be in a chase, once the pipes in the chase the open inside the house needs to be pumped full of silicone. If you break any of the vapor barrier removing the concrete you will need to have it termite treated again if you disturbed any soil. Most inspectors will make you do it.

A Gas Line contractor in Florida falls under the category of a “Specialty Contractor”. The scope of work and responsibility is limited to a particular phase of construction and is also limited to a subset of activities. This license allows the installation, repair, alteration, extension, and maintenance of gas lines
            Last edited by Gizmoman; 12-02-2009, 07:55 PM.

Comment

"You need to be certified to do anything in Florida, Wont be long you will need to be certified to wipe your rear end." Yes, but you can hire any number of un-certified people to wipe your ***, under your certification.
              Mike

Comment

Thanks for the automatic foul language edit.

Comment

This may help. 05 I had buried and sleeved a gas line crossing a hallway. Along with a dedicated vent, both ends needed to be sealed. I used an Oatey master flash cut to fit conduit and gas line and four worm gear clamps.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X