X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding Sewage Ejectors

I'm in the process of building a new woodshop, however I want to install a bathroom in the shop. My question revolves around moving the sewage from the shop to the main sewer system for the house. It will be approximately 150' run with 12' elevation. 6' of the elevation will be will run the span of the 150' with the last 6' being a vertical climb at the end. I've already had a few pump vendors spec out the size of pump.

However, I'm trying to understand how these work. A flush of the toliet or using the sink will not move enough water into the pipes to run the 150' span, won't the sewage/water dry up in the pipes potentially causing a clog? Am I over analyzing this?

Thanks, David

The basin that you use needs to be large enough to change the fluid in the pipe at least one time per on/off cycle. 2” pipe has 0.174 gal per ft. X 150 ft = 26.1 gal per cycle. An 18” basin has 13 to 14 gal per ft of water ( 1.125g per inch-- on/off needs to be 26 / 1.125 = 23”). A 24’ basis has about 23 to 24 gal per ft (23.5 G / 12” = 1.91 gal per “--on/off needs to be 26.1 / 1.91 = 13.8”) . 36” basin has 52 gal per ft. (52 G / 12” = 4.3 gal per “--on/off needs to be 26.1 / 4.3 = 6”). The reason that you want the pump at least one volume of the pipe each time is the get all that stuff in there out each cycle. If you could get the first part up the full 12’ and be flat to the point of discharge you may get by with less Gal Per cycle. In 2” pipe you need at least 21 Gal. per minute to flush the pipe clean. This =’s 2 ft per sec to keep the stuff moving.

Comment

Working...
    X