Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is your house jacked up?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    If you value the emails I would file and move them. I'm no computer guy, but if your system crashed for some reason, and you had to bring it back from the start, all Outlook would need to be reinstalled and all emails gone.
    I use Gmail. Everything is stored on their server. I can access my saved email files from anywhere (as long as I remember my password ).

Comment

20 some-odd years ago we had a small fire in the laundry room. Insurance paid for all the damage and hired their own electricians to do the electrical work. They put a new circuit breaker load center in to put their home runs into from the damaged area. It's sitting right next to the 12 circuit fuse panel that I've been meaning to change out for about 20 some-odd years.

Comment

Yeah ... Built in the 30's Its a real "Cacaphony" of plumbing under there ...Ci/Galv/Brass/Lead/Copper/SS/ABS/Pvc/Cpvc/PB/Pex/Wiersbo Pex

But Hey it all works ....

Comment

30 years of plumbing experience and my wife is always the one that snakes the tub drain. Don't think that I don't hear about that every two months. But I always run the camera down the tub drain whens she's done just to be sure she got everything.

Hate for her to do a halfazz job

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            30 years of plumbing experience and my wife is always the one that snakes the tub drain. Don't think that I don't hear about that every two months. But I always run the camera down the tub drain whens she's done just to be sure she got everything.

Hate for her to do a halfazz job
            I hope this was an actual plumbing related story and not a thinly veiled reference to your married couple "activities"....
            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I DID NOT INSTALL THIS!

That is affirmative, my house is jacked up. I post enough about other peoples plumbing so here is a pick of my jacked up, non code water heater, and softener that will not die.

I gleefully run down to my basement in hopes of finding this piece of crap plumbing leaking somewhere weekly. Most people pray their water heater lasts, I HOPE MINE DIES. It is a abomination and it deserves death.

Looks like I will be off a week or two this winter so I am pretty excited about having the opportunity to replace this handyman special.

It irritates me just posting this, man I hate it. Please excuse me white I have a tourette fit..............................ok.

I dedicate this song to my water heater and softener.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GIisWJJG28

Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Ya know, I'm not a plumber and know nothing about plumbing related items and installation.

But even to my untrained eye that water heater looks wonky indeed.
                I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

crack

it must be nice to have a woman that helps out around the house. breid..........

Comment

i built my house in 1995, plumbed it in L copper and ABS dwv, rheem 50 elect., delta faucets and amer. std. fixtures, jucuzzi w.p. tub and lasco acrylic 4 ft. showers. basement bath still needs finished, might get to it this winter.

Comment

before I became a plumber I fixed the drips on all my 2 handle delta lavs. 3 in total. some spin the right way and some are backwards. very confusing. back then I was just happy they were back together and not spraying water

Comment

In high school, the carpentry teacher I had, who was known as the best carpenter in our small city of Yellowknife, NWT had an old trailer that had so many deficiencies in it. He was a pro finisher but he didn't even have trim around any of his doors or a proper vanity in his bathroom, as well as the carpet being so worn you could see the subfloor. Its not like he didn't have any money either. Also, my auto teacher drove an old wind star that used to backfire and stall all the time and it had so much rust there was hardly any actual metal left on the van at all (it was from BC or the east coast.) That guy could fix anything too. Not to mention my boss's awesome rag collection covering the ground joint on the P-trap under his lav sink and the bucket below it.

As for my own house, I have a leaky shutoff on the master en-suite that I fixed with Teflon tape and pipe dope (ghetto). The house was re-plumbed with pex before I moved in (terrible job) and the hack who did it re used all the old shutoffs by keeping the stubs of copper they were attached to and soldering on pex adapters. Needless to say every one of them will leak when I try exercise them. The one for the hot water tank did and I'm deadly afraid to shut off the main because I'm sure it will leak too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                          I DID NOT INSTALL THIS!

That is affirmative, my house is jacked up. I post enough about other peoples plumbing so here is a pick of my jacked up, non code water heater, and softener that will not die.

I gleefully run down to my basement in hopes of finding this piece of crap plumbing leaking somewhere weekly. Most people pray their water heater lasts, I HOPE MINE DIES. It is a abomination and it deserves death.

Looks like I will be off a week or two this winter so I am pretty excited about having the opportunity to replace this handyman special.

It irritates me just posting this, man I hate it. Please excuse me white I have a tourette fit..............................ok.

I dedicate this song to my water heater and softener.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GIisWJJG28

Not perfect to the eye, but I have to say it's not that bad.

The one thing that does catch my eyes is that the horizontal to vertical 90 on the gas line looks like PVC in the picture.

J.C.

Comment

I've got a combination of copper, pex and cpvc for water piping in my house. Along with some sharkbites under the house. A true test bed for plumbing materials. Yes, you could say its jacked up, but to code!

Comment

Just like J.C. said.....When I first looked at that water tank installation I noticed that the grey painted gas pipe DOES look like threaded PVC used for underground water sprinker risers.... photos can be deceiving

Comment

I like the 2 draft diverters. Im guessing the old heater was about 3 inches taller.

2 years ago I took my 1 big furnace and a/c out and installed 2 smaller ones. 1 for the main floor and 1 for the second floor. They are perfect down to the last screw.

My plumbing is a different story. 3/4 hot line that runs to the kitchen, takes forever to get hot water. Plugged up 1-1/2 galvanized vent causes the kitchen sink and basement floor drain to not drain correctly. Open closet flange in the basement....etc

Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X