X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slop sink tap set

Came across this faucet at a local restaurant. Judging by the handle design + my handy master plumber parts guide my original guess for a manufacturer was Sterling - not the case. Apologies for the poor picture quality, Blackberrys camera leaves much to be desired. Any ideas?

DD
    Attached Files
    Last edited by doubleD; 11-28-2009, 06:25 PM.

Re: Slop sink tap set

I fixed one just like that a while back but cannot remember if it was Central Brass or from Quest Metal Works. My first place to check would be Russel Foods, They are joined with quest metal and provide replacement parts, you even have a branch in Calgary. Not 100% sure, but almost certain that looks the same as what I had to fix.
    http://www.russellfood.ca/
    However if the handle splines are in decent condition why not just replace the faucet washer and stem o-ring? Or is it the seat that is giving you grief?
    Last edited by shock1964; 11-28-2009, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Install a New Delta ...Not worth screwing around With ...

Dave

Comment

Without a better picture, I would guess Central Brass, Gerber, or T&S.

Comment

I'd love to just change out the seat and bib washer, but the building owner went wild with his pump pliers completely rounding off the wrench slot on the cold cartridge. Currently trying to track down a 4'' commerical centerset rear mount faucet.....

DD

Comment

That looks like the el cheapo that comes with the Advanced Tabco sinks.

When given the chance, I replace with a Chicago #521

Comment

Originally posted by shock1964 View Post
              I fixed one just like that a while back but cannot remember if it was Central Brass or from Quest Metal Works. My first place to check would be Russel Foods, They are joined with quest metal and provide replacement parts, you even have a branch in Calgary. Not 100% sure, but almost certain that looks the same as what I had to fix.
              http://www.russellfood.ca/
              However if the handle splines are in decent condition why not just replace the faucet washer and stem o-ring? Or is it the seat that is giving you grief?

I found the exact faucet at Russel Foods. For this particular faucet they don't carry replacement parts - probably due to the fact that it's a cheap import peice of crap. When it comes to T&S brass, Russel Foods carries a greater selection then anybody in town. Thanks for the help.

DD

Comment

If the handle broach is 20 point (same as T&S) then it is a CHG, a cheapo that came with the sink. It may well be sold under different names. I think the stems are also sold as Proplus. Put in the Chicago.

Comment

Looks like a T&S to me.

These faucets are pot metal, and not made to last. If I were you I would be inclined to suggest a new faucet.
                  Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

nope not T&S, I have a pair of their stems in the truck I will take a picture for you.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
                      Without a better picture, I would guess Central Brass, Gerber, or T&S.
                      I say Gerber. Handles look like Gerber anyway!

Comment

get an apple iphone. much better pictures. breid....................

Comment

Handle looks like Sterling, it wishes it was T&S, but it is still a lousy CHG. These folks have it, http://www.equiparts.net/Faucet%20Re...ucetstems.html (scroll down to CHG), but the illustration isn't very good. They don't show the threads on the top of the gland, but they do show the crappy diecast locknut that screws onto them. I don't know the vendor.

You should still dump the faucet and get a Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                          X