Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Witching/Divining rods

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Subconscious as to which way you wish to believe.

J.C.
    how can it be subconscious if the rods are held loose and can not be physically manipulated by the person carrying them?

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
      how can it be subconscious if the rods are held loose and can not be physically manipulated by the person carrying them?

steve
      Why carry them at all. Put them in a cart and roll it around maybe? Oh wait, I know, magic "energy" in specific people's body.

They are manipulated even when held loose.

I could be wrong. I think the test I describe to Dunbar would be a good way of "witching" to gain more of a foundation of proof.

J.C.

Comment

I've done blindfold tests JC. Come kidnap me. Take me someplace dry and warm though!
        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

It's long but interesting.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...2885649996034#

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
            I've done blindfold tests JC. Come kidnap me. Take me someplace dry and warm though!
            You make the videos for proof and just post them for those in warm places.

Been about 30F the last two mornings here. I know, I know, no reason to complain compared to others.

J.C.

Comment

JC, try my test and report back.

i have no clue why it works but it seems to more often than not. some believe in a supreme being without any scientific or hard proof. i'm just sayin'

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

JC, sounds like you were trying too hard.
                Just because some have magical powers is no reason to not believe, just remember Santa is watching you

Some people seem to be better at it than others, that is for sure.

I don't manipulate the wires at all, the way I hold them would be almost impossible to do. I will try it next time by holding a short piece of copper tubing (say 1/4") in each hand and put the bent rods in the tubing. How does that sound??

G3

Comment

JC, try my test and report back.

i have no clue why it works but it seems to more often than not. some believe in a supreme being without any scientific or hard proof. i'm just sayin'

steve
                  My belief in a higher power does not have anything to do with my non-belief in "witching".

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
                    JC, sounds like you were trying too hard.
                    Just because some have magical powers is no reason to not believe, just remember Santa is watching you

Some people seem to be better at it than others, that is for sure.

I don't manipulate the wires at all, the way I hold them would be almost impossible to do. I will try it next time by holding a short piece of copper tubing (say 1/4") in each hand and put the bent rods in the tubing. How does that sound??

G3
                    Seen this done by someone that believed in it vigorously. They would move the rods STILL by tilting the tubes. And they were still off.

All that have good success try the test I describe to Dunbar if you have the time. (I know, none of us seem to ever have the time....)

That's more of a double blind test to give the system validity in my opinion. Even with that, there SHOULD be a % of chance calculated in that some should locate accurately.

Be interesting to see all the data from everyone. Will there ever be time???

J.C.

Comment

Okay for those did not want to take the time to watch the video, they took ten pros who make their living from dowsing, gave them the location of the pipes or boxes where the water, gold or brass was and performed over 100 test. The prize for the winner was $40,000. The combined success was 11% which was considered the same as throwing a dart. No one left with the prize.

Mark

Comment

steve

Not only will those rods cross, but they'll pull back to your chest, and then you can start walking back in reverse watching those rods pull back, cross and go back to the original position.

Pick me up JC and take me anywhere!

This subject follows the lines of a situation I was in years ago.

Argued this point defiantly and it is true, it happened.

Main water line (copper) buried beneath sewer line in an old neighborhood.

Customer complained of really dark, smelly water in the mornings when she used her water. << First thought would be defective supply line or bacteria ladened aerator.

5 days later she hears water running near her main line. Day later the pressure starts to drop. Next day she calls me and I go through the process (I don't do outside plumbing work) and asked if it sounded like water running when the main was shut off, no water running in the house.

She said yes, I told her to contact somebody I refer constantly to all my outside work.

We've got some of the hardest clay here in kentucky, non=water absorbing.

What happened was this sewer was leaking drainage (acid waste from food and laundry detergents) and ate up the copper pipe in a few spots where the sections of clay pipe were joined, as most leak.

Apparently this copper pipe was encased in this contaminated clay, the contamination, even though this is positive flow system, was mixing with the dirt and when she would turn her water on the contamination that sat embedded in that water in standstill became the nasty stuff above.

As soon as the holes got big enough in the copper to provide a hard stream, it broke through this encasement of clay and path of least resistance managed to put that water in the sewer line.

The master plumber I sent found this when they started at the bottom of this driveway and water was roaring through the sewer line even though the main shutoff was turned off.

3 spots were damaged, but only 1 1/8" hole is what blew through that hardened clay, clay that had the most vile stuff you could imagine all those years as it ate away at that copper piping.

I don't care if anyone believes the story; replacement of that water service and sewer line, shelfing them away from each other solved that problem with the blackened water inside. The density of clay here in Kentucky is in comparison to rock. 45 years underground you might as well call it virgin ground for compressed earth.
                        Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 11-29-2009, 03:20 PM.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          Okay for those did not want to take the time to watch the video, they took ten pros who make their living from dowsing, gave them the location of the pipes or boxes where the water, gold or brass was and performed over 100 test. The prize for the winner was $40,000. The combined success was 11% which was considered the same as throwing a dart. No one left with the prize.

Mark
                          D!#$it Utah! Telling me the ending of movies while I'm in the middle of them.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            D!#$it Utah! Telling me the ending of movies while I'm in the middle of them.

J.C.
                            I wonder if that is how I got the nick name spoiler?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                              Not only will those rods cross, but they'll pull back to your chest, and then you can start walking back in reverse watching those rods pull back, cross and go back to the original position.

Pick me up JC and take me anywhere!

This subject follows the lines of a situation I was in years ago.

Argued this point defiantly and it is true, it happened.

Main water line (copper) buried beneath sewer line in an old neighborhood.

Customer complained of really dark, smelly water in the mornings when she used her water. << First thought would be defective supply line or bacteria ladened aerator.

5 days later she hears water running near her main line. Day later the pressure starts to drop. Next day she calls me and I go through the process (I don't do outside plumbing work) and asked if it sounded like water running when the main was shut off, no water running in the house.

She said yes, I told her to contact somebody I refer constantly to all my outside work.

We've got some of the hardest clay here in kentucky, non=water absorbing.

What happened was this sewer was leaking drainage (acid waste from food and laundry detergents) and ate up the copper pipe in a few spots where the sections of clay pipe were joined, as most leak.

Apparently this copper pipe was encased in this contaminated clay, the contamination, even though this is positive flow system, was mixing with the dirt and when she would turn her water on the contamination that sat embedded in that water in standstill became the nasty stuff above.

As soon as the holes got big enough in the copper to provide a hard stream, it broke through this encasement of clay and path of least resistance managed to put that water in the sewer line.

The master plumber I sent found this when they started at the bottom of this driveway and water was roaring through the sewer line even though the main shutoff was turned off.

3 spots were damaged, but only 1 1/8" hole is what blew through that hardened clay, clay that had the most vile stuff you could imagine all those years as it ate away at that copper piping.

I don't care if anyone believes the story; replacement of that water service and sewer line, shelfing them away from each other solved that problem with the blackened water inside. The density of clay here in Kentucky is in comparison to rock. 45 years underground you might as well call it virgin ground for compressed earth.
                              Good story. I believe you. But it does not prove the accuracy of witching.

J.C.

Comment

not claiming to be able to find running water or where to drill a well.

Can locate pipe lines underground though with a fairly high degree af accuracy. If I were to do the test in the video my wires would cross ten times by the time I got to the end. Those guys on the video are pretty rich to say they can find gold, copper, diamonds, water, pot, whatever.

That is definately not what I am saying, and I think it has more to do with the ditch line than what is actually buried.

G3

Comment

Working...
                                X