Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Witching/Divining rods

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    My belief in a higher power does not have anything to do with my non-belief in "witching".

Thanks.

J.C.
    care to explain?

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
      care to explain?

steve
      No.

J.C.

Comment

my SIL can find pipes electrical and other with a high degree of accuracy,

I can not do it tho, I have tried it,

years a go, my Dad and a friend got talking when I was a kid, I ran got two welding rods and bent them in a "L" shape, I took them and talked over the top of the old well, Nothing,
        my dad took them and did the same nothing, his friend took them and walked over it and they went opposite of each other (out), he handed them back to me and I tried it again and they would work for me, then handed to my dad who tried it and they would cross for him.

how it works I do not know but my SIL can find things if he know what he is looking for,
        he does at times get false reading from other objects, (old iron etc),
        but If I have a wire or pipe I want located, or am going to dig on private property, I will have him come over and see if there is any thing one needs to be careful of.

I have had him locate things and then had the phone company come in they confirm his findings, (the call before you dig thing), on the phone line.

I would think if you have the "Knack" you should be able to fine it, I would probably start out with a "known" pipe, (it would be better if you my not know, but some one to confirm your ability), and then go to unknown,
        ~~~~~~~~~~~

another way if your reasonably sure of the depth, and you know the approx. location is to a cross trench and look for the old pipe trench in the earth,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

No.

J.C.
          as i suspected

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Where I live, witching works about 99% of the time. Then again, so does drilling just about anywhere.
            sigpic

Comment

as i suspected

steve
              What do you suspect?

J.C.

Comment

I have always wondered about drilling a dry well. How far is far enough before the well driller gives up and moves over to another spot. Around here if you deep enough there is water, most deep wells are not over 300' here, my Moms well is about 175' and she is on top of the ridge.

G3

Comment

What do you suspect?

J.C.
                  that you must have hard proof of somethings but will blindly follow somethings

in my book you can't have it both ways.

just my $.02 before taxes. YMMV

steve

Comment

that you must have hard proof of somethings but will blindly follow somethings

in my book you can't have it both ways.

just my $.02 before taxes. YMMV

steve
                    Blindly following is not the same as faith.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
                      I have always wondered about drilling a dry well. How far is far enough before the well driller gives up and moves over to another spot. Around here if you deep enough there is water, most deep wells are not over 300' here, my Moms well is about 175' and she is on top of the ridge.

G3
                      Out here our commercial wells are 1,200 feet but that would not be cost effective for residential. I had a well drilled at 70 feet and had a great well. The area we drilled with 4-dry holes we went 400 feet. The well I dug in Utah I hit water at 50 feet but needed to go to 150 feet so the first 100 feet of the casing could be grouted. As it turned out the well has a void and can only be grouted to 70 feet so it is limited to supply non commercial water to a maximum of seven homes.

Another thing you have to watch for if you are in an area with surface water is to make sure your in the aquifer and not the surface water influence. Our new well is about 100' or so from our creek. The only way to know is to test the water. You can still use a well which has surface water influence but it needs to be treated. In addition, why pay to pump water you can capture on the surface.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

WOW that is some deep wells. Most water around here is hard and in the limestone, Mom has some very good water.

I dought she has ground water inclusion in her well water, but not sure, I am not a well guru.

What size wells are you drilling? ours are 4" and from what I understand the casing only goes down so far and then stops, does that sound right?

G3

Comment

Blindly following is not the same as faith.

J.C.
                          wrong. it sure is. that's why it's called faith

steve

Comment

steve
                            So in your opinion, faith in something is nothing more than blindly following it?

P.S. How did we get into what one can presume to be a religious debate? Sectional or Drum? Catholic or Atheist? T&M or Flat Rate? Corn Bread or Biscuits?

J.C.
                            Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 11-29-2009, 05:07 PM.

Comment

steve
                              How do you figure that??

In my book there are many things to point the way and one devine leader, there are many things that were left on the face of this ol' planet that show some facts, even the calender system was changed.

I can see the light, I am not blind.

G3

Comment

My dog is projectile vomiting black olives and pizza all over my office.

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X