Cellular core PVC for underground sewer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cellular core PVC for underground sewer

I think the quickest way for you to get info is to call them. They have a 1-800 on their front page. Then they can answer your questions. I have called them and did speak to someone without any problem as I recall.

Remember though, no matter what anyone tells you on the phone, have them email you the ACTUAL WRITTEN DATA from what they tell you.

That's the real proof.

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

Cellular core pipe ABS/PVC is only a benefit to the manufacturer, it's cheaper to produce and uses less raw materials. From a trades point of view it's garbage and will; I hope, eventually be disallowed in future code revisions. The outer layer is so thin that the manufacturers’ recommend not twisting the fitting after applying solvent cement???? This is quality?
      Plumbing shop supr.
      My plumbing hobby site - PlumbingHelp.ca

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingHelp.ca View Post
        Cellular core pipe ABS/PVC is only a benefit to the manufacturer, it's cheaper to produce and uses less raw materials. From a trades point of view it's garbage and will; I hope, eventually be disallowed in future code revisions. The outer layer is so thin that the manufacturers’ recommend not twisting the fitting after applying solvent cement???? This is quality?
        Bull hockey.

Been using foam core pipe for DWV for many years with no problems. Much easier to handle and less costly. It is Sch. 40, period. Just not pressure rated.

Never had a problem with breakage while snaking. I'm more afraid of
        C.I. and Orangeburg.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
          Bull hockey.

Been using foam core pipe for DWV for many years with no problems. Much easier to handle and less costly. It is Sch. 40, period. Just not pressure rated.

Never had a problem with breakage while snaking. I'm more afraid of
          C.I. and Orangeburg.
          Well I'm certainly not a big guy but I can muscle a piece of 4" PVC any day...

Maybe it will stand up as well over the years as solid core but I suspect not.
          Plumbing shop supr.
          My plumbing hobby site - PlumbingHelp.ca

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Miles of it installed here. The internal pressure/joint rating is not considered for the pressure rating of sewer or the external load that can be applied to it.

In other words 4+ feet of backfill does not compromise it. We level, bury, and light tamp the entire pipe run before finish covering with any equipment.

You might want to check the mfg. of the product you would use to see there ground pressure rating.

J.C.
            Same here, we have put miles of cell core underground, and in a gravity flow system there will be no pressure exerted upon the walls to have any problems. Costs less, lighter, and does the same quality job. I use it every residential job.
            Last edited by harrill7; 12-09-2009, 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingHelp.ca View Post
              I have no idea where you get this information about not twisting the fitting. If you can show me the link to the mfg. and the pipe in question. Seriously wanting to know what you speak of.

I do not think I have encountered one house with Sch.40 pressure rated pipe in this state.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Give the foam core pipe a little impact resistance test when it's 10 deg. outside , see how it stands up to sch. 40 . I have not been in a town in No. Il that allows foam core pipe below grade , most have an amendment to the state code prohibitting it's use below grade , I can give you a list of the towns that don't .
                Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

After reading through these threads, it sounds like some plumbers are talking about Sch. 40 pvc dwv foam core piping with standard sch. 40 pvc dwv drainage fittings, and others are refering to the cheap thinwall area drain and leach line style piping with thinwall fittings. There is no comparison there. I have come to really like the sch. 40 dwv pvc systems. They are plenty strong in most cases and the piping stays very straight before installation compared to abs banana pipe. I understand that the foam core is more for sound reduction than for cost savings, when ran overhead and in interior walls.

Comment

Working...
                  X