X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workhorse Step Van

Opinon on these aluminum body styles? Likes/dislikes?

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Workhorse Step Van

My first shop in the Air Force had two "Bread Vans" as they were called..

Massive room Workbench, shelving, ladder rack ect...

Nice rigs

Comment

i had a bread truck years ago. if you can afford the gas, they are great. breid..............

Comment

Looked at it today. Couple problems that could kill the deal if the dealer doesn't get them fixed. If he does get them fixed, I'll be pulling the trigger and getting the van. It had the typical older faded paint but no dents or scracthes on it. The motor was clean and extremely accessable. Not like most vans I see. Plus it has a 350 chevy motor which has to the most common engine so parts shouldn't be an issue.

I'm new to the area so I'm still trying to get my name out there but luckily I have an immense amount of resturants and commercial building within a 10 mile radius so hopefully gas isn't the biggest issue. Besides, I think you spend more on gas having to make multiple trips to the supply house. Better to just have it on the truck.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

And if you can't get busy on drains, just cut a hole in the side and start selling tacos.

Good luck.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            And if you can't get busy on drains, just cut a hole in the side and start selling tacos.

Good luck.

J.C.
            Ben loves kids.
            Tinny Megaphone playing "It's a small world after all"
            Bomb pop please!!!

Jus kidding Ben...It will work fine.You're a big guy,that's a good rig for you to get in and out of.Lot's of room for all the big equipment.And a freezer if need be

Comment

Oompa! Oompa! Oompa! Oompa! (Tuba and Carnival Music-Ben you should drive with a Sombrero.)

J.C.

Comment

I'm hohngre now.

Paint it dark brown with gold,

deliver the goods. I bet it would be a hit, especially if you have a dark brown uniform to boot.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

will parking it and driving it in traffic be a problem? undergroung parking an issue for you?

I'd love to have all that space, but it's too tall to get into the garages I need to get into. If I didn't have that issue I'd be all over it.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Some of the things to look close at on those trucks are pay close attention underneath the front look at the sway bar bushings and all the frontend components, they are hard on front end stuff, then look at the brake master cylinder look to see the fluid level if low on one side it will need brakes and they are not cheap for big trucks. Last look at the rearend for leaks pay close attention to the ends by the brakes.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I run a stepvan, don't know what I'd do without it. Has a 4 cylinder cummins diesel, @ 15mpg. In your picture it looks a little short and not a dually but still decent size, still better than a van or pu IMHO. Good Luck!

wookie

Comment

Working...
                      X