Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The little things

Where is the money kept in that safe?

I never get nothing from my customers except money for services rendered. When I was a young man, I got some attention from the ladies. but I think that was more for their pleasure than being nice to me.
    (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
      Not sure if this counts but I traded this beauty for a rod job... The catch was I had to move it. It took 3 people, 2 mule bars a forklift and a roll off truck 4 hours but it is now sitting in my garage (all 3900 lbs of it)... I'm a sucker for neat-o old stuff

My wife is not amused

Your wife is not amused?
      What if your rod job turned into $10,000?

FIL found this http://www.antiqueguns.biz/guns/cannonball%20safe.htm
      Last edited by Gene Bickford; 12-13-2009, 10:55 PM.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
        Your wife is not amused?

Gene, where is the money put in this doughnut safe? I don't see a compartment?
        (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

We found another pic that shows a better angel. It shows a shelf that you can also kinda see in okiebills pic. the shelf is about in the middle of the "tub" if you will.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

The safe has a shelf inside that divides it in half...

The storage area is where you see the blue sheet.

To give you a sense of scale the door that you see the back side of with the three clocks on it is 18" thick. The door screws itself into the body of the safe. I was told the door by itself weights 800 lbs.

The safe is 54" tall including the base.

I went online and found a few safe experts who are helping me through the rebuild process, I'm not doing much except paying the bills for the pros (Locksmith, Sandblast and Paint, Chrome Shop)

I even found a few sources for spare parts not to bad for a 103 years old safe

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              Your wife is not amused?

Naaa really my wife likes it she just does not like how I am on restoration projects This will definitely require some more tools that I do not have.

It's not like she got to use the garage anyway

I'm still on the fence as to what direction to go with the resto (classic or something a bit different like chrome the whole thing)

Comment

Working...
              X